According to NCAA.com, an average of 9.3 million viewers watched games on television through the first four full days of action, up 10 percent from 2016. Yesterday, which featured upset losses by a pair of No. 2 seeds in Duke and Louisville, drew 11.9 million viewers, up 34% compared with a year ago and the most-watched first Sunday since 1993.
The ratings for the Orlando-Melbourne area drew a 4.2 household rating - up 27 percent from a comparable market from last season.
Comey says FBI investigating Russian Federation interference
Trump tweeted early Monday as news coverage on the Russian Federation allegations dominated the morning's cable news. Democrats sought to highlight such links, and shoot down Trump's wiretapping claim.
However, this wasn't just about one day. A total of 18.6 million viewers tuned in during that time.
The streaming and online engagement numbers have also been impressive.
Politics Ondo Assembly Crisis: Speaker Akindele, Others Resign
Meanwhile, the aggrieved lawmakers have authenticated Malachi Coker from Ilaje constituency as the new Assembly Speaker. Makanjuola was interrogated and confessed that the money was ordered for withdrawal by the embattled Speaker.
Additionally, NCAA March Madness Live garnered 29 million live video starts over the first full Thursday, up 19% over past year. NCAA Tournament games garnering the most live streams to date, include: Notre Dame vs. Princeton (5.4 million streams); Virginia vs. UNC-Wilmington (4.3 million streams); and MI vs. Oklahoma State (4.2 million streams).
A solid second-round Sunday for March Madness on TV, at least...
Prosecutors: Shooting that killed boy in Newark was 'tragic accident'
Baraka also became the first official to identify the boy killed in the accident as Josiah Coleman. Prosecutors say it appears that the fatal shot was sacked within the apartment.
A spate of upsets especially in the weekend games helped the NCAA Tournament grow its ratings to the highest viewership it has seen in more than two decades through Sunday.
- USA stocks post weekly gains amid Fed's interest rate hike, positive data
- Spurs 2 Southampton 1
- Dixon Police investigate report of student on school grounds with a gun
- The Gorsuch Hearing: Nuts and Bolts
- Oil drops on rising USA drilling, steady OPEC supply
- Andromeda Nvidia drivers released ahead of tomorrow's launch
- Urban Outfitters Inc. (URBN) Closed the Last Trading Session at $23.61
- Bellator bolsters roster again with addition of light heavyweight Ryan Bader
- Taiwan defense minister says China missiles pose threat
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May will trigger Brexit proceedings next Wednesday