Cello soloists include 2016 BBC Proms victor Sheku Kanneh-Mason with the Chineke! orchestra (30 August), Natalie Clein in the world premiere of Brian Elias's Cello Concerto, Alban Gerhardt in Schumann's Cello Concerto conducted by John Storgårds (10 August), and Alisa Weilerstein in the United Kingdom premiere of Pascal Dusapin's Outscape (19 July). The BBC Proms are being transferred to Hull - the first time "that anyone can remember", in the delightfully vague words of the Proms director David Pickard, that the 122-year-old institution will have ventured outside London.
"I was also looking to expand the initiative we took a year ago of taking some Proms out of the Albert Hall", said Mr Pickard.
Fed's Kaplan: Three rate rises this year 'still a good baseline'
The Fed has already raised its benchmark interest rate once this year, by a quarter percentage point at its last policy meeting in March.
The season also celebrates composer anniversaries, including Monteverdi at 450, Handel's Water Music at 300 and John Williams at 85, plus the birthdays of two pioneers of American Minimalism - John Adams's 70th birthday and Philip Glass's 80th birthday.
Hull City Council leader Stephen Brady said: "We are absolutely delighted to have the BBC Proms coming to Hull as part of their 2017 season".
Mallya under United Kingdom judicial process, India doing its best: Jaitley
The Indian agencies took the step on the basis of complaint filed by a consortium of 17 banks led by the State Bank of India. "He was arrested after attending a central London police station and will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court".
'I thought it was important, most specifically this year, to mark Hull as a City of Culture, ' said David.
"The Stage at the Dock will provide a fantastic setting". The 75-concert series, based in London's Royal Albert Hall, will open with a weekend which sees Gramophone's Recording of the Year Award-winner Igor Levit playing Beethoven's Third Piano Concerto on Friday July 14, followed by Daniel Barenboim conducting Elgar's First and Second Symphonies with his Staatskapelle Berlin on the Saturday and Sunday.
Finance Ministry Ratifies 8.65% Interest Rate On EPF, Says Labour Minister
If need be, I will talk to them (Finance Ministry). "But how and when it will be provided, this is the question". Adding to the announcement, Bandaru Dattatreya said that formal discussion over the issue are over.
The Hull concerts are part of the BBC Prom's new programme called 'Proms at.', which launched in London a year ago.
- OH expands new program to help children of addicts
- Lana Del Rey & The Weeknd Release Soulful New Single 'Lust For Life'
- Brighton chairman says won't break the bank after Premier League promotion
- USS Carl Vinson Not In North Korea, So Where Is It?
- Boy, 17, killed in Venezuela mass protests
- General Motors plant seized, protesters killed in Venezuela
- The Rodman & Renshaw Raises Protalix Biotherapeutics Inc (PLX) Price Target to $5.00
- Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ:SYMC) & Gap Inc (NYSE:GPS) Traders Recap
- South Africa picks Maharaj, Morkel for Champions Trophy
- Cohen & Associates LLC Invests $290000 in Emerson Electric Company (EMR)