But spend three minutes transforming it into flight mode, and it suddenly has a cruising range of 466 miles instead.
At 4 metres in length, the auto is actually more of a gyrocopter, which can travel along a road on three wheels and is capable of carrying passengers in the air at speeds of 160kph, up to 500km at a time.
AeroMobil Flying Car, displayed at the Top Marques Monaco.
MONACO (AP) - It may not be quite like the Jetsons, but for over a million dollars you too can soon fly around in a vehicle.
The AeroMobil has a driving range of about 60 miles and a top speed of almost 100 mph.
'I think it's going to be a very niche product, ' said Philip Mawby, professor of electronic engineering and head of research at the University of Warwick. The question is bringing it to the market at an affordable cost, and making it a useful product'.Читайте также: Blake Shelton Just Got His Comeuppance on The Voice
It's starting to look less and less like vaporware, as Slovakian flying vehicle company AeroMobil has announced it will make its first deliveries of flying cars sometime in 2020, Reuters reports. It's also not exactly legal to use a highway as a runway.
AeroMobil demonstrated their 3.0 prototype in Vienna in 2014.
In regard to safety, the Flying Car has a parachute to help it glide back down to earth should it suffer an engine failure or run out of fuel, and there are airbags to protect its two occupants from accidents both on the road and in the air.
The team began this journey in 1990 with a sketch of a vision for the future of transportation.
"We are taking reservations from today for deliveries expected in 2020, after the process of (regulatory) approvals is completed", the Slovak firm's spokesman Stefan Vadocz told AFP. There's also the question of which traffic laws cars in the sky would have to abide, as right now there are only laws for airplanes in the sky and cars on the road.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Vinyl music gives record stores a boost in a digital world
- Trump says Iran violating 'spirit' of nuclear deal
- MDH: Concerning rise in new STD, hepatitis C cases in 2016
- Syrian War: Russia holds UN to ransom
- Apple leak suggests AR glasses are in the works
- International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Morgan Stanley
- Leadership challenger suspended from union
- Are You Familiar with Analyst's Ratings? Eastman Chemical Company's (EMN)
- AU softball players arrested on marijuana charges; suspended indefinitely
- Brokerages Set Standard Chartered PLC (STAN) Target Price at $666.84