- The new Samsung Pay enables the Galaxy phones to be used as a digital wallet.
The new Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ now come with notable design changes, especially the new bezel-less screen on the top and bottom of the device for more screen estate, called the infinity display.
After launching its new flagship smartphone in NY last week - the Galaxy S8 - users lucky enough to get their hands on the device have found a slight problem with its facial recognition security feature.
Samsung's latest Galaxy S8 line of smartphones will be the first to hit close to gigabit-per-second download speeds on T-Mobile's new mobile network according to a recent report on Wednesday.Читайте также: Twitter hails Herrera and Mourinho after Manchester United beat Chelsea
Samsung's newest biometric security feature is certainly cool - but it has a critical weakness.
As it turns out, however, that facial recognition feature might not be all that secure after all, as it was apparently tricked by a high-resolution photo of the face authorized to access the smartphone. The iris recognition feature is simply the scanning of the iris to unlock the phone, verify Samsung account, and much more. Facebook's experimental system can recognize a face without seeing it and Microsoft is developing technology that can decipher emotions from the facial expressions of people who attend political rallies. I had my suspicions that Samsung Facial Recognition wouldn't stand up to a simple photo test.
However, hidden inside the Galaxy S8 is another feature, something that won't get to fully showcase itself for another few months. The company noted that the handset comes with a fingerprint reader on the back to complement its facial recognition and iris scanner features.
The S8's "killer feature" is the face recognition software which lets you open the phone with your face, similar to Microsoft's Lumia 950 smartphone released a year ago.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- UK Parliament Backs PM May's Plan for Snap Election
- Goffin downs Djokovic to set up possible Nadal showdown
- Featured Stock for Investors: SunTrust Banks, Inc. (STI)
- Fresno shooting rampage: 3 victims identified
- Sarin or similar used in Idlib attack - chemical weapons watchdog
- Durant sits as Warriors 'err on side of caution'
- RHONY Star Sonja Morgan Reveals Her 'Sloppy' Fling With Jack Nicholson
- Man arrested over Borussia Dortmund team bus attack
- Tuchel: UEFA made us feel impotent
- National Basketball Association roundup: Cavs stage huge rally for 3-0 series lead