- The new Samsung Pay enables the Galaxy phones to be used as a digital wallet.
The new Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ now come with notable design changes, especially the new bezel-less screen on the top and bottom of the device for more screen estate, called the infinity display.
After launching its new flagship smartphone in NY last week - the Galaxy S8 - users lucky enough to get their hands on the device have found a slight problem with its facial recognition security feature.
Trump to attend three Asian summits in November - Pence
China claims most of the South China Sea, but has overlapping claims with a number of Southeast Asian countries. Trump is also expected to attend the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Vietnam in November.
Samsung's latest Galaxy S8 line of smartphones will be the first to hit close to gigabit-per-second download speeds on T-Mobile's new mobile network according to a recent report on Wednesday.
Samsung's newest biometric security feature is certainly cool - but it has a critical weakness.
As it turns out, however, that facial recognition feature might not be all that secure after all, as it was apparently tricked by a high-resolution photo of the face authorized to access the smartphone. The iris recognition feature is simply the scanning of the iris to unlock the phone, verify Samsung account, and much more. Facebook's experimental system can recognize a face without seeing it and Microsoft is developing technology that can decipher emotions from the facial expressions of people who attend political rallies. I had my suspicions that Samsung Facial Recognition wouldn't stand up to a simple photo test.
However, hidden inside the Galaxy S8 is another feature, something that won't get to fully showcase itself for another few months. The company noted that the handset comes with a fingerprint reader on the back to complement its facial recognition and iris scanner features.
The S8's "killer feature" is the face recognition software which lets you open the phone with your face, similar to Microsoft's Lumia 950 smartphone released a year ago.
The Rodman & Renshaw Raises Protalix Biotherapeutics Inc (PLX) Price Target to $5.00
Analysts have placed a $2.9 price target on Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc., suggesting a 178.85% gain from recent close. The lowest price the stock reached in the last trading day was $26.51 and compares with the $11.5 52-week low.
- Brad Pitt not amused by Angelina Jolie`s marriage plans?
- Grand Theft Auto Online Adds Top-Down Tiny Racers Mode Next Week
- Tottenham coach Ugo Ehiogu in hospital after collapsing
- Hyundai expedition celebrates Shackleton centenary
- Integrated Device Technology Inc (IDTI) SVP Sells $65777.14 in Stock
- Backstreet Boys announce sixth annual cruise
- House Oversight Chairman Chaffetz says he won't run for re-election
- Supreme Court bans Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia
- Trigg man charged in connection with Clarksville murder
- Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro Launched in India: Price, Specifications and Release date