Sunday, 23 April 2017
Latest news
Main » Death toll in Aleppo bus convoy bomb attack reaches 126

Death toll in Aleppo bus convoy bomb attack reaches 126

22 April 2017

Opposition leaders had allowed the villagers to evacuate as part of a deal with the Syrian government to give 2,000 people, including rebel fighters, safe passage out of a town near Damascus that is surrounded by government troops.

At least 68 Syrian refugee kids were slaughtered while waiting for an afternoon snack in a bomb attack on a bus convoy that killed some 126 people on Saturday, according to a new report.

The death toll in Syria's vehicle bomb attack has risen further to over one hundred as opposed to the 75 earlier reporter on Sunday.

"The civil defence teams are recovering the bodies and searching for survivors".

The shattered buses were parked nearby, as was the shell of the pick-up truck - with little left but its engine block - that was used to carry out the bombing. Johnson said al-Assad's ally Moscow still had time to be on the "right side of the argument", in a Sunday Telegraph newspaper article.

Apple sets a new environmental goal: No more mining
Apple said it's looking for ways to recycle material, including aluminum, copper, cobalt and tin. Apple does appear to be ramping up efforts to move away from these minerals.

The evacuation was continued soon after the attack, for which no one has yet claimed responsibility. The group said the attack only serves to deflect the attention from government "crimes" and said it was ready to cooperate with an worldwide probe to determine who did it.

"We condemn the attack today in Rasheedin, west Aleppo, on 5,000 evacuees traveling from the towns of Foah and Kefraya to government-controlled areas".

Under a swap deal brokered by Iran and Qatar, the residents from al-Foua and Kfraya were being moved into Aleppo in exchange for the relocation of hundreds of Sunni insurgents and their families from government-besieged areas near Damascus. "All these thousands of people are stuck in less than half a kilometer (500 yards)".

Is political transition a reality in Syria? The evacuation of more than 3,000 Syrians was instantly halted. (Picture: Getty Images) The buses had been carrying people from pro-government areas and from opposition towns.

A rebel official confirmed that there were differences over the number of loyalist fighters leaving but refused to elaborate as "negotiations are under way".

Brighton promoted to the Premier League!
The 58-year-old spent much of his second spell serving as a number 2, but is now a successful boss in his own right, with this his second ascension out of the Championship.

Mohamed Darwish, a doctor from Madaya, told Al Jazeera by phone that there was a growing fear among civilians aboard buses in Ramousa.

Abdul Rahman said he doesn't believe the Syrian regime is behind the attack.

The stalled population transfer have resumed after explosion.

The deal to evacuate the four towns is the latest in a string of such agreements through Syria's six-year civil war.

Rebels say they amount to forced relocation after years of bombardment and crippling sieges.

Paramore to return with new album
Speaking to Beats 1 Radio presenter Zane Lowe, Hayley revealed the group's troubles had nearly made her give up on music. It echoes songs from their most recent self-titled album but perhaps with slightly more bite to it.

Death toll in Aleppo bus convoy bomb attack reaches 126