"The relevant authority is now carrying out a detailed investigation into the crime of Kim Hak-song", KCNA said in a statement.
North Korea announced Sunday that it has detained yet another U.S. citizen - the fourth now in the Hermit Kingdom's custody.
The North's sparse announcement came days after it confirmed its April detainment of PUST professor Kim Sang-duk, who goes by his American name, Tony Kim.
On Sunday, the KCNA did not say whether the two cases were connected.
North Korea says it has detained another American who is suspected of carrying out "acts of hostility" created to overturn the secretive state. The agency declined to comment further, citing privacy considerations.
Trump distances himself from Flynn
Instead, her brief time in the job has fueled months of fierce political debate on the White House and Russian Federation. Most of the officials spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to discuss sensitive national security information.
Two months later, Kim Dong Chul was sentenced to 10 years hard labor for subversion.
- Hyeon Soo Lim, pastor of a Toronto church, was sentenced in December 2015 to life in prison for harming the dignity of North Korea's leadership and trying to use religion to destroy its system. The latter was arrested on charges of espionage. DPRK is the acronym for the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
"Although such hostage talks don't usually lead to negotiation over missile or nuclear weapons. the added numbers can certainly hamper and limit options the USA can take over North Korea", Koh added. For instance, President Trump last month said he was sending an "armada" to the Korean peninsula (even though that may not have actually happened).
Few details on Kim Hak-song or his arrest were immediately available.
Nigeria presidency releases names of 82 freed Chibok girls
Ironside said "it is heartening to know that the girls will be returning to their families who have been waiting for this day". A first group of 21 girls were released in October as Nigeria announced it had begun negotiations with the extremist group.
"This is North Korea's hostage diplomacy", Dr. Koh said.
North Korea's media, which enjoys bluster and strongman rhetoric, also has taken a rare swing at China - its main economic benefactor. Pupils are generally children from the North's elite. KCNA said he was detained Saturday on suspicion of committing "hostile acts".
The school - founded by evangelical Christians from overseas and opened in 2010 - is known to have a number of American faculty members.
As the US has no formal diplomatic relations with North Korea, securing their release is extremely hard.
President Donald Trump, who previously said the standoff with North Korea could lead to a "major, major conflict", said this week he would be "honoured" to meet Kim, whom he has called "a smart cookie", under the right circumstances.
The hard road ahead of Emmanuel Macron, France's youngest president
Mr Macron, who stood on a pro-EU ticket, has in the past vowed to take United Kingdom jobs in research and banking to France. Despite being a minister for the Socialist party, in April 2016, he set up his own political movement called En Marche!.
Meyers is a special correspondent.
- North Korea claims U.S. plotted to kill Kim Jong
- Pakistan, Afghanistan dispute toll after clashes
- 10 people shot during memorial for earlier Chicago death
- US Q1 growth weakest in three years as consumer spending falters
- Milner misses penalty as Liverpool held 0-0 by Southampton
- Senate Republicans Plan Health Bill That Keeps Some of Obamacare
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu: Funding for UNESCO will be frozen
- Wells Fargo says agrees with Buffett and is fixing its problems
- Labour would let European Union nationals stay in the UK
- Isaiah Thomas complains about referees after Game 4