She is the former captain of the Indian women's cricket team and has earned many accolades.
After being awarded ICC Women's Cricketer of the Year 2007, Arjuna Award in 2010, and the prestigious Padma Shri in 2012, Jhulan Goswami has now claimed the highest number of wickets in ODI cricket.
The 34-year-old pacer from India overtook Australia's Cathryn Fitzpatrick, who has scalped 180 wickets in 109 matches.
Himachal Pradesh announces class 10th result
The HP Board Result 2017 for class 10 students was announced from the Dharamshala office of the Board in a formal press meet. Over 4,86,254 students appeared for the Class 10 exams held between March 5 and March 19 in the state of Himachal Pradesh.
Goswami has been one of India's best bowlers, and also has 40 Test scalps and 50 T20 wickets to her name, besides this she has an outstanding economy of 3.18 in one-day worldwide cricket.
She keeps breaking records & this is the one to cherish.
The record came about in the ongoing match against South Africa in the Women's Quadrangular Series in Potchefstroom. India is now competing in a quadrangular series against Ireland, South Africa and Zimbabwe in Potchefstroom.
Tim Cook blames escalating iPhone 8 leaks for fall in iPhone sales
So, we're putting a lot of energy in, just like we have in other geos that eventually wound up producing more and more. He also said in a statement that the firm has noted "great customer response" to both models of the new iPhone 7.
In the game against Ireland, Goswami had returned with excellent figures of 1/9 from 8 overs, that included 4 maidens.
In an era when the men's game has been dominated by the batsmen and we have had Indian batsmen ruling the charts for the top run-getters in the men's game for over two decades, this achievement comes as a breath of fresh air.
So you don't follow women's cricket?
Confederate Memorial Day: New Orleans Begins Removing Confederate Monuments
The four statues will be initially moved to storage, then the city will look into relocating them to a museum or other location. That's because city officials have said supporters who want the monuments to stay have made death threats.
Jhulan Goswami made her debut in 2002 and has led the Indian bowling attack since then.
- It is Time to End the Israeli Occupation, Says Palestinian President
- Republicans now on hook with Americans for Trumpcare reductions, Dems say
- Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin confirm
- Yates warned White House that Flynn could be blackmailed
- White House postpones meeting to decide on participation in Paris climate pact
- Mohammed Shami on Champions Trophy selection: Have lost weight, worked on weaknesses
- US House approves tighter sanctions against N. Korea
- Overbooking is OK, Airlines Say
- USA criticizes Turkey for striking Kurds in Iraq, Syria
- Cristiano Ronaldo begs Real Madrid fans to stop whistling him