But Neymar wants there to be no doubt that the five-time Ballon d'Or victor will remain at Camp Nou.
Mascherano, Jeremy Mathieu and Paco Alcacer could also leave the Camp Nou in the summer although each one of the aforementioned players have told representatives of Barcelona that they won't leave the club for a worse contract than the one they current have in Cataluña.
Barca have recently extended the contracts of Neymar as well as fellow forward Luis Suarez and they are hopeful that a new deal for the 29-year-old Messi will be finalised this summer.
Met Gala 2017: The most exclusive ticket in New York City
Pop star Katy Perry has snatched the limelight at the Met Gala by wearing an extravagant red gown. The gala is also an annual fundraising event benefiting the Met's Costume Institute.
Neymar has told beIN SPORTS he needs to learn from the red card he was shown against Malaga, which saw him suspended for the Clasico at Real Madrid.
"I've been here for nearly four years and I've learnt a lot from him", he told Sky Sports.
"I hope that he renews, and that the people at Barca get to work so Leo can continue with us".
Congress Warns US Airlines to Improve Customer Service
Southwest said last week it would upgrade its reservation system and change its cancellation policy to end overbooking altogether. Congress warned United CEO Oscar Munoz that unless things change, the airline will feel the wrath of lawmakers.
The club's all-time record goalscorer will be out of contract at the end of next season and, according to reports, has turned down an offer of up to €35 million per year. However, the Spanish capital club have an advantage of a game in hand. Neymar, who was suspended for the clash, expressed his disappointment over not being involved in the fixture that saw Messi score the victor. We weren't talking about money, strictly football - I am not thinking about money right now, just about growing as a player.
"It was the best image of the Clásico, something to go down in history".
Aaron Hernandez Will 'Always Be Guilty,' Says Odin Lloyd's Mother
The suicide stunned his family because it came just days after Hernandez been found not guilty of a 2012 double murder. When Hernandez was arrested in June 2013 for the murder, he had a $41 million National Football League contract.
- Turris' second effort lifts Senators to OT win vs. Rangers
- More Venezuela Protests As Death Toll Rises
- Hasan Minhaj, Samantha Bee Speak Truth to Power in Competing Events
- Pep Guardiola makes claim about Jose Mourinho's Manchester United
- Watch match highlights of Swansea 1-0 Everton
- Lustig hails Celtic display
- Family kicked off Delta flight, threatened with jail, foster care
- 'First time? Wow, virgins' - Awkward exchange between Maria Sharapova and Sun journalist
- Klopp: Top four pressure is good for Liverpool
- Baahubali 2, Box Office Collection - DAY 6: Film's Hindi Version Races Ahead!