A Palestinian stabbed an Israeli police officer near Jerusalem's Old City on Saturday and was shot at the scene.
According to police, the assailant was walking down Jerusalem's Shalshelet Street in the Old City and saw a police officer approaching in his direction.
"The terrorist rushed towards him, whipped out a knife that he had in his possession, stormed him and began stabbing him". "The force responded with determination and professionalism, and neutralized her", the spokesperson added.
Texas Asks For Millions in Federal Funds to Help Defund Planned Parenthood
Sari Stevens, executive director of Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocates, praised the action from the mayors. A similar bill has reached the governor's desk in Tennessee; a third such measure is pending in Missouri.
Police identified the attacker as Muhammad Abdullah Salim al-Qassagi, a 57-year-old Jordanian citizen, who arrived in Israel a week ago.
The Israeli authorities, meanwhile, say at least 48 Israelis have been killed in attacks by Palestinians over the same period. Others died during clashes and protests.
Although Trump will reaffirm during his meeting with President Rivlin and Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu, America's unshakeable bond with the Jewish state, the president will also express during his meetings with President Mahmoud Abbas, "his desire for dignity and self-determination for the Palestinians", McMaster said.
US to play Oct 6 World Cup qualifier vs Panama in Orlando
The City Beautiful, now brimming with purple footy pride, was just awarded perhaps the most pivotal soccer match the men's U.S. The ESPN and Univision Networks will broadcast live from Orlando City Stadium, with the kickoff time still to be determined.
And Palestinian media outlets are reporting that in response to the attack, Israeli forces have restricted access to al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem, the third holiest site in Islam.
Israel and Jordan signed a peace accord in 1994.
Death toll from USA storms grows to 16 people
In Arkansas, seven people have died, including a fireman who was hit by a vehicle while rescuing others trapped by the storm. At least ten other people have died as a result of flooding or strong winds in Oklahoma, Missouri , Arkansas and Indiana.
- Ransomware infections reported worldwide
- Worth Watching Stock Dynegy Inc. (DYN)
- RBI initiates PCA against IDBI Bank
- Manila, Beijing to open South China Sea talks next week: envoy
- Simple Ways to Improve your Relationship with Your Mom This Mother's Day
- Wegmans, Publix, Trader Joe's are consumers' favorites, survey finds
- Microsoft announces major upcoming Windows 10 update
- Alarm grows over global cyber attacks, infects computers in nearly 100 countries
- Baku hosts meeting of artistic gymnastics delegations within Islamic Solidarity Games
- Sturm Ruger posts 1Q profit