"We have given out almost 700 applications for PU colleges and many of these students who have bought the forms have bagged above 90%", he said, adding that the first lists across science and commerce will stop between 92% and 93% per cent.
The minister said that the reduction in pass percentage could not be because of teachers' vacancies.
Egypt discovers new necropolis in Minya, first in area
The mummies were elaborately preserved therefore likely belong to officials and priests, he said. The site is close to an ancient animal cemetery.
Karnataka recorded a drop in its pass percentage in the state's second year PU results, with an average pass percentage of 52.38%, said Minister for Primary and Higher Education, Tanveer Sait on Thursday.
Of the 6,79,061 students who appeared for the exam conducted in March, 3,55, 697 students passed.
Central Intelligence Agency establishes center to address North Korean threat
He also visited Yeonpyeong Island, which was targeted by North Korean artillery during a skirmish in 2010. However, North Korea did not show any evidence on how the alleged plot was foiled.
The Overall pass percentage of the SSLC 2017 exam stood at 67.87 percent.
Some PU colleges prescribe higher cut-off percentage to girls than boys when giving admissions in the first year PU. Mysuru rural registered a pass percentage of 56.03, Mysuru urban has secured 43.97%. "To overcome this problem, we are thinking of restructuring the various combinations available in Arts stream". Over 19 hearing-impaired candidates who appeared for exams from SRN Adarsha College in Chamarajpet, Bengaluru and 17 of them cleared the exams. "We are happy with the performance of our children." said Sridevi DR a faculty. Of the 17 students, KC Deepak secured 85%, Harshita 74% and Divya has scored 73%. Sait said that the government would issue circulars to all colleges to curb this practice. "We will try to find the reason for the poor performance and then initiate action". The model Adarsh Vidyalayas in the state, set up under the Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA), had over 3,000 candidates registering a pass percentage of 93.89, Sait said. Bidar finished at the bottom with a pass percentage of just 42.05%. Bengaluru Rural which was in 9th position came down to 12.
British hospitals suffer major cyber attack - What do we know so far?
The Shadow Brokers released Eternal Blue as part of a trove of hacking tools that they said belonged to the US spy agency. A message appearing on screens across the National Health Service warns time is running out to make payment.
- Indonesia to probe jail break as 150 inmates remain on the run
- BJD removes MP Baijayant Panda as its spokesperson
- United Kingdom interior minister Rudd says health system has recovered from cyber attack
- North Korea demands handover of suspects in Kim Jong Un assassination plot
- Livforsakringsbolaget Skandia Omsesidigt Has $3.458 Million Stake in Morgan Stanley (MS)
- Cleveland Cavaliers at Toronto Raptors Game 3
- England in World Cup Pool of Death again
- James Clapper on collusion between Russia, Trump aides: There could be evidence
- Woman repeatedly rammed into tree, killed in Morgan Park
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY) Going Through Hard Times This Year