Cure in Pittsburgh served horse tartare during a special event on Monday.
There's also a Change.org petition, now at about 1,000 signatures, created by a former Humane Society director that asks Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf to "make sure that no more restaurants in PA serve horse". The decadent menu for that evening, entitled "Beast & Home of the courageous", listed the horse tartare alongside oyster, lobster, and elk dishes. America has no horse-slaughter facilities, so the meat had to come from Alberta, Canada - so, boom, not local.
Ransomware takes down hospitals, businesses in at least 2 countries
It has had to cancel routine appointments and ambulances are being diverted to neighboring hospitals, Barts said. An NHS Digital spokesman said: "At this stage we do not have any evidence that patient data has been accessed".
Horse welfare advocate Joy Braunstein says she was outraged to hear that horse was served.
"People are making such a big deal about the horse meat". She says that horses are given medication that is toxic to humans if ingested. Pittsburgh chef Justin Severino made a decision to push his luck anyway at his acclaimed restaurant, Cure, which has been nominated for awards by the James Beard Foundation and Food & Wine. One of the courses included horse tartare, which is traditional Quebecois.
Macron movement unveils candidate list for French polls
Voters for Fillon, Le Pen and Melanchon had all supported "a degree of distance from Washington and a rapprochement with Moscow". Interestingly, another poll finds that 61 per cent of voters do not support Macron's parliamentary majority.
During its investigation, FSIS confirmed there were no other horse products in commerce or on the restaurant's menu.
Braunstein was at the center of another controversy earlier this the year: She chose to resign from her post as the head of the Western PA Humane Society, after an online petition began circulating demanding her removal, alleging that she bought a collie puppy from a mill, rather than adopt a dog from the shelter.
Sharks move into second place after win over Dragons
In a finals-like encounter at UOW Jubilee Oval, the Sharks came from behind twice in the second half to down the Dragons. It's my job to look after wins and losses not the players.
Braunstein has started an online petition to ban horse meat from being served in Pennsylvania restaurants. It now has 991 signatures.
- Comey Was 'Uneasy' About Having Dinner With President Trump, Says James Clapper
- Earnhardt goes for first win of season — NASCAR NOTES
- Antonio Conte can not guarantee Eden Hazard will be at Chelsea next season
- Tarasenko scores twice as Blues even series
- Senate Will Be the Real Fight for Republican Health Bill
- North Korea wants South's spy chief extradited over alleged Kim plot
- SVU Renewed for Season 19 at NBC
- Mass. charter school criticized for punishing students with braids, extensions
- Spicer declines to answer whether Pres. Trump records Oval Office conversations
- DeMar DeRozan scores playoff career-high 37 points in Toronto