Senate Intelligence Committee Vice Chair Mark Warner (D-Va.) told ABC News on Sunday that he would "love" to have former FBI Director James Comey testify in a public hearing about his firing.
"No, no I didn't, but I don't think it would be a bad question to ask".
The former US attorney for New York's Southern District, who was sacked by President Donald Trump in March, called for both parties to team up and investigate the possibility of Russian interference in the election.
Donald Trump to meet Erdoğan next Tuesday
It said this is the first meeting between the two leaders after Trump became president. Trump congratulated Erdoğan on his referendum win.
Pressed by anchor Jake Tapper if he meant United States institutions were under assault internally from the President, Clapper responded, "Exactly". "What's unfolded now, here, the leader of the - the lead of the investigation about potential collusion between Russian Federation and the Trump campaign has been removed".
He feels the Founding Fathers' carefully constructed system is "under assault and is eroding".
"But the fact that the president made allusions to that - and then the White House would not confirm or deny it - is not anything that we've seen in recent days", Warner said.
Ebola Confirmed in DRC, MSF to Launch Emergency Intervention
Many people perished from this infectious disease in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia between 2014/2015. In June a year ago World Health Organization declared Liberia free of active Ebola virus transmission.
While Clapper conceded that he does not know what was said at the dinner, he also said that he would find the president's recount of the night "very inconsistent with what I know of Jim Comey".
USA intelligence agencies have made clear their conclusion that Russian Federation meddled in the 2016 election.
James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!
Xi opens China's globalization forum with $78 billion pledge
During the address, Xi pledged to pump in an additional Dollars 124 billion for projects that are part of the initiative. Xi told the audience of almost 1,500 that the pursuit of the initiative "requires a peaceful and stable environment".
Trump and Comey had a private dinner in the White House on January 27 in which a source close to Comey said the President asked the Federal Bureau of Investigation director to pledge his loyalty, which Comey, who reportedly was taken aback by the request, refused to do.
- Sheriff: Chiefs top draft pick Mahomes unharmed in robbery
- Cyber attack 'could come back this morning' as people return to work
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi rejects worldwide observers in Rakhine state
- Comey willing to testify publicly before Senate Intelligence Committee
- Tillerson gives nod to Paris Agreement at Arctic Council meeting
- Trump looks to move quickly on appointing new Federal Bureau of Investigation chief
- Myanmar and Holy See Establish Diplomatic Relations
- Liberty Global plc (NASDAQ:LBTYA) Needle Ticks -11.61% For the Week
- Few in US Support Trump's Firing of FBI Chief
- Former 'RHONJ' star Dina Manzo brutally attacked in Holmdel home invasion