The source told CNN that the judge "loves his job and has no interest in leaving the judiciary".
Judge Merrick Garland is not interested in leaving the judiciary amid speculation he could be a candidate to replace James Comey as Federal Bureau of Investigation director, a source close to Garland told CNN Tuesday.
Merrick Garland has a new supporter in Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
Official Price Target Objectives For TripAdvisor, Inc. (TRIP), Tribune Media Company (TRCO)
While arriving at a price target, analysts and investors alike use various metrics to determine where the stock might be directed. Tribune Media Co (NYSE:TRCO) have shown a low EPS growth of -12.63% in the last 5 years and has earnings growth of -819.00% yoy.
Garland's name began to surface as a possible replacement last week when GOP Sen.
McConnell said that Garland would be his candidate of choice to replace FBI Director James Comey, in an interview with Bloomberg on Tuesday. Lee also raised the idea directly with White House staff, according to an aide.
Some liberals and Democrats complained that the Republican interest in Garland was mostly aimed at opening a spot on the circuit court for a Trump nominee.
Tayside GP practices affected by NHS cyber-attack running as normal
German rail operator Deutsche Bahn said some electronic signs at stations announcing arrivals and departures were infected. And the hackers warned that they will delete all files on infected systems if no payment is received within seven days.
Garland, the chief judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, had been promoted for the job by some of the same Senate Republicans who blocked his nomination and refused to give him a Senate hearing. The delaying tactic allowed Trump to nominate conservative Neil Gorsuch to fill the seat after he took office in January.
To read this article in one of Houston's most-spoken languages, click on the button below.
The Trump administration is promising to move quickly to replace Comey. Trump has said a decision could come before he leaves Friday for a trip to the Mideast and Europe. At 64, he could realistically expect to remain on the bench for at least another decade, while the directorate of the Federal Bureau of Investigation is restricted to a single 10-year-term. His predecessor, Robert Mueller, was a US attorney in San Francisco.
Trump's National Security Advisor: WannaCry Attack 'Under Control'
The latest virus attack last week exploits a flaw in a version of Microsoft Windows first identified by U.S. intelligence. The worldwide cyber attack was orchestrated using a malware called Wanna Decryptor or WannaCry.
- Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE:ESRT): Are Traders Shorting This Stock?
- 48000 ransomware attack attempts seen in India: Quick Heal Tech
- Governments Must Treat Cyber Attack as 'Wake-Up Call — Microsoft President
- How to watch Madrid Open online
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT) Position Boosted by Gateway Investment Advisers LLC
- Cyber Security James Clapper on Trump: US institutions are "under assault"
- Sasse: Some Reports 'Overheated' on Trump Sharing Classified Info With Russians
- HTC unveils U11, a smartphone that you squeeze to interact with
- Amazon Echo devices are getting better at recognizing wake words
- Nadal dominates Djokovic in Madrid Open semifinal