The window for farmers to plant seeds is only a few weeks, depending on the crop and how long it takes to mature.
Not that all observers see this as a wise idea.
Soybean futures for July delivery rose 1.1% to $9.76 1/4 a bushel at the Chicago Board of Trade, the highest close since late March. Winter wheat jointed was 94 percent, near 90 a year ago, and ahead of 76 average. The Illinois state report did not provide a specific reason for wheat dropping to 52% good/excellent from last week's 60%, but the state had about 0.9 in. of rain over the past week and 1.9 days suitable for fieldwork.
Trump is reportedly considering a massive White House shakeup
The investigation also includes looking into any potential ties between Trump campaign staff members and Russian Federation . In an interview with United States media, President Trump also accused him being a "showboat" and a "grandstander".
"Progress was very rapid in the last week as weather improved", Vogel said, "and this has calmed worries in the corn market, which in turn is also undermining wheat".
It rated about 27 percent of the wheat crop in poor or very poor condition. Livestock conditions were reported as good.
The break in the weather was important because the current forecast calls for a wet week for much of Minnesota.
Gianforte loans campaign $1 million, Quist tops in individual donors
Some, including Gianforte, are alarmed by the large amounts of money pouring in from individual donors. In his failed bid for governor last fall, Gianforte spent more than $5 million of his own money.
Wheat, corn and soy USA cents/bushel.
CBOT July corn futures closed unchanged at $3.67 3/4 a bushel while wheat rose 0.2% to $4.24 1/4. Some producers were hoeing corn to help with emergence issues. May 9 was mostly dry with light rain coming late in the day over the far north. Statewide, the average temperature was 62.7 degrees, 1.2 degrees above normal.
"That has provided some support to the soybean complex".
Mexico: Man who stabbed priest during mass arrested
The priest was rushed to hospital for treatment of neck wounds, police said. "We nearly lost him right there", he said. Mexico City archdiocese spokesman Hugo Valdemar told local Radio Formula that the priest's life was out of danger.
The real gained 0.4% against the dollar, to R$3.0978 to $1, while the greenback itself fell 0.8% against a basket of currencies to a six-month low, boosting the affordability of United States exports.
- Operations and appointments cancelled at some Yorkshire hospitals — NHS cyber attacks
- North Korea celebrates longest-range ballistic missile test
- Alexa Calling will bring free voice calls to all Echo devices
- 'I was a little bit surprised' over backlash against Comey's firing
- Baltimore Orioles outfielder Adam Jones victim of racist taunts, chants
- Clapper: 'Our Institutions Are Under Assault' By President Trump
- Battle over belugas heats up at Vancouver Aquarium
- Fla.'s Housing Market: Sales, Median Prices Up in 1Q 2017
- 'Nonsense' - Sutton hits out at manager comments after Tottenham beat Man United
- China says 68 countries, global organizations have signed OBOR pacts