Apple CEO Tim Cook and model Christy Turlington at the Apple Watch launch event.REUTERS/Robert GalbraithApple CEO Tim Cook has been seen testing a glucose monitoring device, according to a CNBC report that fuels speculation Apple is working on its own glucose monitoring technology.
Trump doesn't plan to use Israel trip to announce embassy move
The low-cost Icelandic airline WOW announced Tuesday it would begin operating flights to Israel from the USA starting September. During last year's presidential campaign, Trump vowed to implement the Jerusalem Embassy Act upon winning the election.
"According to our source, Apple's sights are now set on the epidemic of diabetes, and the company plans to introduce a game-changing glucose monitoring feature in an upcoming Apple Watch", BGR wrote in its report. The report claims that the team is "part of a super secret initiative, initially envisioned by the late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, to develop sensors that can non invasively and continuously monitor blood sugar levels to better treat diabetes". Sadly there are no photos but the source reportedly said that the glucose monitor was physically attached to Cook's Apple Watch in some way. "I just took it off before coming on this trip", Cook told a group of students at the University of Glasgow in February. The current glucose trackers on the market rely on tiny sensors and rumours suggests that the company is already conducting feasibility trials in the Bay Area. "It's mentally anguishing to stick yourself many times a day to check your blood sugar", he added. "There is lots of hope out there that if someone has constant knowledge of what they're eating, they can instantly know what causes the response. and that they can adjust well before they become diabetic". Speaking to CNBC last month, biomedical expert John L. Smith said developing such a device has been "the most hard technical challenge I have encountered in my career".
Stunning Susan steals the show at red carpet opener in Cannes
To have screened the film in French cinemas after the festival as Cannes officials requested would have started that clock ticking.
ELECTION: 43 Liberals to rule as minority vs NDP's 41, three Greens
Clark will be thanking her lucky stars that she made numerous outreach efforts to Weaver in the past four years. NDP leader John Horgan and BC Green Party leader Andrew Weaver also won their respective ridings.
- Former US, Arizona leaders support Mueller selection to lead Russian Federation election probe
- The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:BONT) To Release Earnings
- US decries Washington brawl during Turkish President's visit
- Twitter Is Not Happy About Tina Brown's Tweet Memorializing Roger Ailes
- Car mows down Times Square pedestrians for blocks, killing 1
- UN Condemns North Korea Missile Test, Vows Sanctions
- Sweden drops Julian Assange rape investigation
- S. Korea president warns high chance of clashes with North
- North Korea telephone line may be reopened, Seoul says
- Mauricio Pochettino's response when asked if Harry Kane will leave