A cargo plane crash in Charleston, West Virginia, on Friday morning reportedly killed two people after the aircraft failed to complete a landing on the runway at Yeager Airport.
It landed on the end of the airport's runway closest to Charleston and crashed down a wooded area on a slope, airport spokesman Mike Plante told the Gazette-Mail Friday.
The plane that went off the runway at Yeager Airport was a UPS cargo plane.
CytRx (CYTR) Receiving Somewhat Favorable Press Coverage, Study Shows
The ROA ratio is calculated by comparing net income to average total assets, and is expressed as a percentage. The recommendation scale measures the value from 1 to 5, where 1 means "Strong Buy" and 5 stands for "Sell".
He says Yeager Airport, serving West Virginia's capital, will remain closed until further notice, since the gouge marks may need fix.
The pilot and co-pilot died in the crash, according to Plante.
Early reports suggest four people were on board the plane when it slid off the side of the runway, and it is reported that there are injuries.
Lawyer says Assange 'is happy today'
Sweden's top prosecutor says "costs were not a reason for putting down the investigation" of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange . Julian Assange's lawyer is asking French president Emmanuel Macron to intervene in support of the WikiLeaks founder.
The U.S. National Transportation Safety Board is investigating the incident, Fox News said. However, airport officials have confirmed the pilot and co-pilot were the victims. It took off from an airport in Louisville at 5:41 a.m. Friday.
"It's hard terrain to negotiate", said Mike Plante, a spokesman at Yeager airport, which serves West Virginia's capital.
The plane itself crashed over the hill, the news station reported. Airport operations have been halted. Unidentified officials added that it appeared that one of the plane's wings hit the runway.
Trump doesn't want to be president, he wants to be emperor
Trump said an agreement struck with China will allow the U.S.to sell its beef and other major products to that country once again. Trump abruptly fired Comey on Tuesday and later said Comey was a "showboat" and "grandstander" who was not doing a good job.
The lone runway at Yeager Airport, Runway 5-23, is 6,802ft long.
- Orrstown Financial Services Inc. Sells 429 Shares of Walt Disney Co (DIS)
- Trump Officially Starts NAFTA Renegotiation Countdown
- Platform Specialty Products Corp's (PAH) Buy Rating Reaffirmed at Nomura
- CEMEX, SAB de CV (CX): Notable Moving Stock
- NBC Hopes Special Counsel Subpoenas Trump Tax Returns
- Android apps can now do a Netflix and hide from rooted phones
- Soldiers, officer injured by assailant at Milan station
- Price Target Analysis Southwestern Energy Company (SWN)
- Trump Denies Pressuring Comey to End Flynn Probe
- Google VR Headsets Will Be Untethered And Fully Tracked