A 38-year-old policewoman from Hannover, Steinhaus has officiated for DFB for 18 years and worked in the 2.
Since 2011, Steinhaus has served in Bundesliga 2 matches and also officiated the USA women's national team vs Japan in the 2012 Olympic gold medal match.
"For every referee, male or female, it is the goal to officiate in the Bundesliga", said Steinhaus, who is being promoted with three male colleagues, in a statement.
Harry Kane scores four goals as Tottenham beat Leicester 6-1
Tottenham will look to end another impressive Premier League campaign on a high when they travel to relegated Hull City on Sunday. Kane scored again in the 88th minute before putting icing on the cake with another fine finish two minutes into stoppage time.
The German Football Federation (DFB) announced on Friday that Bibiana Steinhaus is set to move up to the top division next season, when she will become the first female match official to oversee a Bundesliga match.
And she has now made further history with her promotion to the German top flight.
Steinhaus has refereed second-tier games for six years. "That is why I am happy about the trust the referee commission has shown". It was simply a turbulent roller coaster ride of emotions.
Man, 18, Seriously Injured in Police-Involved Shooting
A juvenile passenger was also inside the vehicle at the time of the incident and was unharmed, police say. Meanwhile, Manassas City Police Internal Affairs are handling the administrative aspect of the incident.
"On one hand it is confirmation of my hard work, and on the other hand it is a great incentive to continue to work hard".
"It has always been my dream to be active as a referee in the Bundesliga".
"That this dream will come true naturally fills me with joy. I'm very much looking forward to the task that awaits me", Steinhaus told BBC Sport. Certainly, as a referee, I am under special scrutiny at the beginning of the season - even through the media.
US Senate Intel Committee Requests More Information From Comey, McCabe
Comey recounted the incident in a memo, read to the Times by an associate, which quotes Trump as saying: "He is a good guy". The allegations reportedly contained in the memo are incredibly serious.
- Ex-National Security Adviser Michael Flynn won't honor Senate subpoena
- Android Go to be released around October in India
- CytRx (CYTR) Receiving Somewhat Favorable Press Coverage, Study Shows
- Mariners have four-game winning streak snapped
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc (VRX) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Stifel Nicolaus
- First Solar, Inc. (FSLR) Position Maintained by Malaga Cove Capital LLC
- U.S. senators probe Trump official on special counsel, Federal Bureau of Investigation firing
- UK's Labour pledges new Brexit strategy if it wins election
- Text of Swedish prosecutor's decision to drop Assange probe
- (NYSE:KR) Issued With 'Hold' Rating At Loop Capital