Ford is updating a large number of 2016 model year cars equipped with SYNC 3 infotainment software, adding Android Auto and CarPlay to the vehicles with a free, over-the-air update via Wi-Fi, or using either USB or going through their dealer.
Keep in mind that while the getting Android Auto would be as simple as downloading the update, enabling CarPlay would require an upgrade of the vehicle's USB hub, something that requires a dealership visit and extra costs. To DIY the update, you'll need to download the right version for your auto from Ford's owner support website.
Trump denies asking Comey to drop probe, colluding with Russian Federation
The White House press briefings have in recent weeks revolved around this topic for most of the time and Mr. The Deputy Attorney-General cited "unique circumstances of this matter" as the reason for his decision.
The update comes after carmakers Audi and Volvo announced that they will be using Android as the main operating system for their upcoming cars.
If you're feeling "with it" technologically, it's also available via Ford's first-ever Wi-Fi update. With a simplified interface, large touch targets, Google voice search and easy-to-use voice controls, Android Auto is created to minimize distraction while on the road.
Russian FM Mocks US Media over Intelligence-sharing Reports
President Donald Trump has told graduates of the US Coast Guard Academy that no other politician has been treated more unfairly by the media.
Compatible with iPhone 5 and later models running iOS 7.1 or higher, Apple CarPlay gives iPhone users an intuitive way to make phone calls, use voice-guided navigation, listen to music, and send and receive messages while staying focused on the road.
The OTA update option is also a big step for Ford - it's the company's first for software, and it's one of the major reasons that Ford recently hired around 400 new mobile smartphone engineers, the company tells me. In Wi-Fi-enabled vehicles with Automatic System Updates turned on within SYNC 3, the system will periodically connect to a customer's designated Wi-Fi network to check for updates. A constant Wi-Fi connection isn't needed either, as the update will work in the background every time it has access until the update is complete.
Laptop ban on global flights into the US still being discussed
The association proposed more in-depth pre-flight screening, rather than forcing passengers to give up their electronics. The ICAO ban on carrying lithium-ion batteries as cargo on passenger aircraft went into effect in January, 2016.
- N.Korea fetes scientists behind latest missile launch
- Pakistan says it does not accept ICJ's jurisdiction on security issues
- Former FBI director Mueller appointed as special counsel in Russian Federation investigation
- Kulbhushan Jadhav case: India's bold decision to move ICJ pays off
- Dutch King: So I've been piloting KLM for 21 years
- Ferry Service Launches Between Russia, North Korea Despite US Demands
- Syrian refugees in Jordan's desert get solar power
- Brazil's President Temer 'taped agreeing £120m in bribes'
- Trump decries special prosecutor probing Russian Federation links
- Iran's re-engagement with the world at stake in Friday presidential vote