Ford has about 30,000 salaried employees in the United States.
The cuts, which Ford said would occur through "voluntary" buyouts and early retirement packages, will affect 1,400 of about 15,000 salaried workers in those regions.
Ford Motor said Wednesday it would cut its salaried workforce in North America and Asia by almost 10% as it seeks to boost profitability amid a falling stock price.
Gilbert said the cuts are expected to come in areas other that IT and manufacturing. It expects the actions to be complete by the end of September. The Middle East and Africa was spared because it's a new, emerging business unit, Ford said. "Ford has said it expects its profits to fall in 2017 and has flagged slowing sales in the US and China-two of the world's largest auto markets", the Journal notes.
Haryana Class X results to be declared tomorrow
The Haryana Board of School Education (HBSE) is all set to announce the results of Class X on Saturday. In humanities, Smile from Fatehabad and Kusum of Sonipat scored 483 marks each to be the toppers.
The company says it will release more details to employees in June. After seven straight years of growth, USA sales are starting to slow down, which will hurt automakers' profits.
- In January Ford laid out plans to cut around $3 billion of costs a year.
Ford's move to cut its salaried workforce instead of assembly-line workers could protect it from scrutiny by President Donald Trump. Mr. Fields has pushed new technology investments like a $4.5 billion electric-vehicle program and an autonomous auto project, two things eating away at Ford's profit margins in the short-term despite lucrative pickup and SUV sales.
"Ford has said it expects its profits to fall in 2017 and has flagged slowing sales in the US and China-two of the world's largest auto markets", the Journal notes. If you would like to discuss another topic, look for a relevant article.
Kane stars as Tottenham beat Leicester 6-1
We have a very exciting project, there's no reasons for Kane to want to leave the club. You get beat 6-1, there are no positives'.
Ford is striving to become "as lean and efficient as possible" and targeting a 10 percent reduction of salary costs and staffing in North America and Asia Pacific, the spokesman added.
Following criticism from Trump, in January Ford scrapped plans to build a $1.6 billion vehicle factory in Mexico and instead added 700 jobs in MI.
Profits for the Detroit-based automaker fell 35% during the first quarter to $1.6 billion, the first such decline in seven years. It previously forecast re-tax earnings of $9 billion, down from $10.4 billion for all of a year ago.
Activision Blizzard Inc (ATVI) — Shares in Focus
Now Activision Blizzard, Inc.'s current price is $5.85 shy of the official highest sell-side analyst price target on Wall Street. Finally, UBS Asset Management Americas Inc. boosted its stake in shares of Activision Blizzard by 196.8% in the third quarter.
- Watch Hillary Clinton Practice Ducking 'Unwanted Trump Hug' During Debate Prep
- Women in Malayalam cinema launches new outfit
- Government claims NHS followed "pretty good" procedure on cyber-attack
- Wisconsin retiree charged in shooting of Amtrak conductor
- Iranians queue up to vote in fiercely-contested presidential election
- National Hockey League playoff schedule 2017: Predators, Blues aim for conference final berths
- US Deputy AG Unlikely to Appoint Special Prosecutor in Russia Probe
- Northern Dynasty Minerals Target of Unusually High Options Trading (NAK)
- Grimes Slams Trump's Voter Fraud Commission
- Pirated Windows led to WannaCry's spread in China and Russia