Prince William County Police will be investigating the "criminal aspect of the shooting", due to the incident happening in a park in the county.
The driver struck two Manassas police cruisers before the chase continued into George Hellwig Memorial Park at 14420 Bristow Road in Prince William County, where the driver struck a tree and light post, Perok said. "The driver did not stop, and a pursuit was initiated which entered Prince William County".
US air strike hit 'military point'
This was not the first time the US-led coalition intentionally or accidentally struck the Syrian army fighting against Daesh. Syria has condemned the strike as a "brazen attack" that undermined claims the alliance is fighting extremists.
An 18-year-old man was seriously injured in a police-involved shooting in Manassas, Virginia, Friday morning.
"During the encounter, officers shot the driver", Perok said. A juvenile passenger was also inside the vehicle at the time of the incident and was unharmed, police say.
North Korea undertakes 'successful' nuclear test
Trump warned in an interview with Reuters this month that a "major, major conflict" with North Korea was possible. Speaking to reporters during his visit to China, Putin said Monday that "there's nothing good about" the launch.
Officers performed life-saving efforts until rescuers arrived. Meanwhile, Manassas City Police Internal Affairs are handling the administrative aspect of the incident. Police said the driver was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
"We will obviously be interviewing the officers and those involved", Perok said. Officers determined a shooting didn't occur in the city. A 15-year-old girl was riding along inside the vehicle at the time of the incident.
Activision Blizzard Inc (ATVI) — Shares in Focus
Now Activision Blizzard, Inc.'s current price is $5.85 shy of the official highest sell-side analyst price target on Wall Street. Finally, UBS Asset Management Americas Inc. boosted its stake in shares of Activision Blizzard by 196.8% in the third quarter.
An 18-year-old man was shot by police after a pursuit in Prince William County. They were not involved in the initial pursuit or shooting.
- Mylan's (MYL) "Sector Perform" Rating Reiterated at Royal Bank of Canada
- Melania Trump makes her global debut as first lady
- Ford's global job cut unlikely to have major impact in India
- Anthony Weiner to plead guilty in sexting case
- Let's Get Technical With Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. (SKT)
- Wisconsin retiree charged in shooting of Amtrak conductor
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc (VRX) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Stifel Nicolaus
- Trump says he might cancel all 'press briefings'
- Government claims NHS followed "pretty good" procedure on cyber-attack
- Military official: U.S. airstrike hits pro-regime forces in Syria