A USA aircraft conducted an airstrike Thursday on a pro-Assad regime militia convoy that appeared to be moving on a US coalition training base in southeastern Syria, according to a US official.
Last summer, Syrian fighters trained by the US who operated out of al-Tanf were bombed by Russian jets.
"It is illegitimate, unlawful and yet another gross violation of Syria's sovereignty", Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said in televised comments while on a trip to Cyprus.
But the Syrian regime and its allies - including Iranian forces, Shiite militia, and Hezbollah - are also based some 40 miles outside Tanf, a rebel commander based there told BuzzFeed News last week, allowing them easy access to Tanf via a highway that cuts through the desert.
Man, 18, Seriously Injured in Police-Involved Shooting
A juvenile passenger was also inside the vehicle at the time of the incident and was unharmed, police say. Meanwhile, Manassas City Police Internal Affairs are handling the administrative aspect of the incident.
The U.S. -led coalition warplanes on Thursday struck one of the Assad regime's military sites in southern Syria near the border with Jordan.
The coalition is generally not fighting the Syrian government, with the exception of a United States cruise missile strike that was launched in retaliation for Assad's chemical weapons attack against rebels.
"Such actions that were carried out against the Syrian armed forces. this is completely unacceptable".
"The Syrian Arab Army is fighting terrorism on its territory, and no party has the right to determine the course of its operations".
The Syrian Observervatory for Human Rights (SOHR) said eight fighters non-Syrian fighters were killed in the USA attack.
'GREATEST WITCH HUNT IN US HISTORY' | Trump slams Russian Federation ties probe
Republican Senator Lindsey Graham shared, "It was a counterintelligence investigation before now". Special counsels are a tricky thing, and should be avoided whenever possible.
Syrian state television said a U.S. coalition airstrike had hit "one of our military points".
The US-backed forces in that area are fighting against Islamic State militants.
Assad condemned that us strike on a Syrian airfield as "reckless", "irresponsible" and "short-sighted".
The official statement said that Russian Federation had made "apparent" attempts to "dissuade Syrian pro-regime movement south toward At Tanf", but that those efforts were "unsuccessful".
Defence Secretary Jim Mattis said the U.S. will defend its troops in case of "aggressive" steps against them.
Haryana Class X results to be declared tomorrow
The Haryana Board of School Education (HBSE) is all set to announce the results of Class X on Saturday. In humanities, Smile from Fatehabad and Kusum of Sonipat scored 483 marks each to be the toppers.
- Trump Rails Against 'Witch Hunt' Amid Special Counsel Appointment
- Sweden drops Assange investigation, United Kingdom police says he still faces arrest
- Anthony Weiner to plead guilty in sexting case
- Mylan's (MYL) "Sector Perform" Rating Reiterated at Royal Bank of Canada
- Northern Dynasty Minerals Target of Unusually High Options Trading (NAK)
- Government claims NHS followed "pretty good" procedure on cyber-attack
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc (VRX) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Stifel Nicolaus
- Deutsche Bank AG Reaffirms Buy Rating for Western Digital Corp (WDC)
- Iranians queue up to vote in fiercely-contested presidential election
- Let's Get Technical With Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. (SKT)