A state-wide stakeout is taking place across Kansas Friday, as members of the law enforcement community are raising money for one very "special" cause.
"It's only our fourth year, but it's the 15th year that Dunkin' Donuts has partnered with police officers across the Midwest", Leipold said. Additional activities will vary by Dunkin' Donuts location.
What we know about the global cyberattack
If approved, those changes could help answer a growing number of calls by hackers for more regulation of security practices. Even if the perpetrators can be identified, bringing them to justice could be another matter.
For almost 40 years, officers across the state of Kansas have raised money for Special Olympics and taken part in the annual Torch Run.
This is the first year they've done this in Kansas, and the goal is to raise more than $20,000.
Ohio Nursing Home Gunman Had History Of Violence
Thorp said law-enforcement was still working to determine what, if any, relationship the man had with the nursing home. Two people outside the facility were also held hostage during the incident but were unharmed, authorities said.
"As a representative of the 5000 plus Special Olympics Kansas athletes, we appreciate all the support received from sponsors like Dunkin' Donuts", says Special Olympics Kansas athlete Josh Alters. In addition, each guest who visits a cop on a rooftop location today and makes a donation to the torch run will receive a free donut coupon.
Oh, and a couple of undercover cops out near the street...be careful, you could get clocked for speeding by a dancing donut and cavorting cup of coffee.
Senator Blumenthal Calls for Investigation Into Trump Firing of FBI Director Comey
Trump said in excerpts of an NBC News interview released Friday that Comey "should have never exonerated" Hillary Clinton. In a sudden move late Tuesday night, Trump fired Comey, who had six more years left in his term.
- Macron's first non-Europe trip focuses on fighting extremism
- President Donald Trump gives commencement address at Coast Guard Academy
- Comey friend: Trump repeatedly tried to compromise former Federal Bureau of Investigation director
- UK's Lib Dem Promises Referendum on EU Deal With Option to Remain
- Macron arrives in Mali for military review
- Simona Halep into Rome Masters last four with Anett Kontaveit win
- Cincinnati Briefly Honors Man Who Killed Officer
- Alisher Usmanov: Arsenal shareholder makes £1bn takeover bid to Stan Kroenke
- New sanctions coming for Venezuela officials
- Ofcom wants to make it easier for people to switch mobile operator