Bhubaneswar (Odisha), May 19: Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Sudip Bandopadhyay was granted bail here today by the Odisha High Court, in connection with the Rose Valley chit fund scam.
According to reports, a bench of Justice J.P. Das granted the bail on a personal bond of rupees 25 lakh, slapping few conditions on Sudip Bandyopadhyay, which includes the surrender of his passport before the CBI.
The Central Bureau of Investigation, which is probing the chit fund scam, arrested the four-time Lok Sabha member from Kolkata on January 3.
Western Wall Not Part of Israel
Tillerson, speaking on NBC's "Meet the Press" Sunday morning, said Trump is taking a very "deliberative approach" to the issue. Palestinians say moving the embassy would be a de facto recognition of Israel's control of all Jerusalem .
Besides pleading that the senior politician from West Bengal was not involved in the scam, his counsel said that Bandyopadhyay was seriously ill and, therefore, needed to be granted bail.
His arrest in the alleged Rose Valley scam came close on the heels of the arrest of another Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Pal.
Earlier on May 8, the Orissa High Court had reserved its verdict on the bail plea of Bandyopadhyay.
NHS cyber attack - fallout continues
NHS England sought to reassure patients, advising that A&E and other emergency services should still be used if needed. In its latest update on the incident, Europol said it was the "largest ransomware attack observed in history".
Bandyopadhyay had moved the High Court on February 9 seeking bail after his bail plea was rejected by the Khordha district and sessions court on February 4.
The agency had accused Rose Valley chairman Gautam Kundu and others of defrauding investors from across the country of more than Rs 17,000 crore.
Allison Janney and Chuck Lorre launch fundraising campaign for Planned Parenthood
Co-created by Lorre, Mom has tackled serious subjects including substance abuse, addiction, suicide and more. Janney, whose mother used to work for Planned Parenthood , has been a longtime supporter of the group.
- Israeli group to appeal Facebook Palestinian violence case
- Video messages, bot payments, and more
- Polls open in first Iranian presidential vote since nuclear deal
- The Rock is seriously thinking about that 2020 run for president
- Iranians vote in hard-fought presidential election
- How Much Damages Made By Wannacry Ransomware Attack Made Throughout The World
- Saudis not concerned about sharing intelligence with United States
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 set to be announced next week
- Krauthammer on DNC Slamming Trump Intel Reveal: Hillary Did Much Worse
- Indians more vulnerable to WannaCry because of pirated software