Bhubaneswar (Odisha), May 19: Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Sudip Bandopadhyay was granted bail here today by the Odisha High Court, in connection with the Rose Valley chit fund scam.
According to reports, a bench of Justice J.P. Das granted the bail on a personal bond of rupees 25 lakh, slapping few conditions on Sudip Bandyopadhyay, which includes the surrender of his passport before the CBI.
The Central Bureau of Investigation, which is probing the chit fund scam, arrested the four-time Lok Sabha member from Kolkata on January 3.
Polls open in first Iranian presidential vote since nuclear deal
They are due to close at 18:00 (13:30 GMT), however it is very likely that voting be extended as the turnout seems to be high. Raisi is widely seen as Khamenei's preferred candidate - indeed, he is often mentioned as his possible successor.
Besides pleading that the senior politician from West Bengal was not involved in the scam, his counsel said that Bandyopadhyay was seriously ill and, therefore, needed to be granted bail.
His arrest in the alleged Rose Valley scam came close on the heels of the arrest of another Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Pal.
Earlier on May 8, the Orissa High Court had reserved its verdict on the bail plea of Bandyopadhyay.
Antonio Conte demands players break Jose Mourinho's record
The young Brazilian striker has hit form for Man City at the right time as the club pushes for Champions League qualification. I thought Sunderland played really well for 70 minutes against Arsenal but they are not in the same league as Chelsea .
Bandyopadhyay had moved the High Court on February 9 seeking bail after his bail plea was rejected by the Khordha district and sessions court on February 4.
The agency had accused Rose Valley chairman Gautam Kundu and others of defrauding investors from across the country of more than Rs 17,000 crore.
Trump promises quick nomination of new Federal Bureau of Investigation chief
The dismissal comes just days after Comey asked the justice department for more resources to pursue the Russian investigation. Lindsey Graham has some advice for President Donald Trump: Stop tweeting about the Russian Federation investigation .
- Iranians vote in hard-fought presidential election
- China, Cambodia vow to implement cooperation plans under Belt and Road Initiative
- Krauthammer on DNC Slamming Trump Intel Reveal: Hillary Did Much Worse
- Video messages, bot payments, and more
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 set to be announced next week
- Volkswagen Up GTI Revealed - The Hot Hatch That India Deserves!
- Experts question North Korea role in WannaCry cyber attack
- Saudis not concerned about sharing intelligence with United States
- European Union fines Facebook 110 million euros over WhatsApp deal
- Pakistan to form new team of lawyers in Jadhav case: Aziz