Bhubaneswar (Odisha), May 19: Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Sudip Bandopadhyay was granted bail here today by the Odisha High Court, in connection with the Rose Valley chit fund scam.
According to reports, a bench of Justice J.P. Das granted the bail on a personal bond of rupees 25 lakh, slapping few conditions on Sudip Bandyopadhyay, which includes the surrender of his passport before the CBI.
The Central Bureau of Investigation, which is probing the chit fund scam, arrested the four-time Lok Sabha member from Kolkata on January 3.
Rosenblatt Securities Increases Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Price Target to $20.00
Summit Redstone reiterated a "buy" rating on shares of Advanced Micro Devices in a research report on Saturday, January 21st. To put things in perspective, AMD reported a pretax loss of $448M in FY 2016, equating to a pretax loss margin of -10.5%.
Besides pleading that the senior politician from West Bengal was not involved in the scam, his counsel said that Bandyopadhyay was seriously ill and, therefore, needed to be granted bail.
His arrest in the alleged Rose Valley scam came close on the heels of the arrest of another Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Pal.
Earlier on May 8, the Orissa High Court had reserved its verdict on the bail plea of Bandyopadhyay.
The Rock is seriously thinking about that 2020 run for president
Then he dropped this, which sounds an very bad lot like a campaign slogan: "More poise, less noise". President Johnson does have a ring to it .
Bandyopadhyay had moved the High Court on February 9 seeking bail after his bail plea was rejected by the Khordha district and sessions court on February 4.
The agency had accused Rose Valley chairman Gautam Kundu and others of defrauding investors from across the country of more than Rs 17,000 crore.
Iranians vote in hard-fought presidential election
I like his detente policy with the world. "I cast my vote already - I voted for Raisi because he is a follower of Imam Khamenei". Raisi also has promised monthly cash payments to the poor, a populist move that's been popular with Iranian voters in the past.
- Israeli group to appeal Facebook Palestinian violence case
- NHS cyber attack - fallout continues
- China, Cambodia vow to implement cooperation plans under Belt and Road Initiative
- No Announcement Friday On Laptop Ban Expansion
- Video messages, bot payments, and more
- How Much Damages Made By Wannacry Ransomware Attack Made Throughout The World
- European Union fines Facebook 110 million euros over WhatsApp deal
- Preakness Stakes Odds: Is Always Dreaming the clear favorite? 5/17/17
- Pakistan to form new team of lawyers in Jadhav case: Aziz
- Antonio Conte demands players break Jose Mourinho's record