The bag has huge historical significance as it was used to collect and protect the first-ever samples of lunar material collected by an astronaut off the surface of the moon. Turns out NASA forgot about the bag over time and accidentally auctioned it off with other space related objects for a little less than a thousand dollars.
It was one of the biggest moments in history; the Apollo 11 mission of 1969 brought man to the moon.
Donald Trump made history with his flight from Saudi Arabia to Israel
The status of Jerusalem is ultra-sensitive and has been among the most hard issues in Israeli-Palestinian peace talks. Abbas said he was enthusiastic about "keeping the door open to dialogue with our Israeli neighbours".
Souvenirs from humankind's missions to the Moon are extremely rare; NASA usually holds on to moon rocks or moon dust instead of allowing private owners to keep them.
The owner's $995 moon bag is expected to fetch between $2.4 million!
THAAD issue | Chinese, South Korean officials meet in attempt to repair ties
In a media release, the European Union said the delegation represents a strong strategic partnership between Korea and the EU. On the possibility of Moon's visit to Japan, a Japanese diplomat said "it will be best" if Moon, who is meeting U.S.
The bag's new owner sent it to NASA where they found it came from the Apollo 11 mission and used by Neil Armstrong himself!
"It is one thing to read about going to the moon; it is quite another to hold in one's hands an object that was actually there and still carries traces of that faraway place", said Sotheby's vice president Cassabda Hatton.
Spurs Fan Suing Zaza Pachulia, Warriors Over Injury To Kawhi Leonard
Key reserve and 2015 NBA Finals MVP Andre Iguodalas status was unclear after he missed Game 2 with soreness in his left knee. That's just part of the game, it's been happening forever since I've been in the League. "I'm not anxious about that".
- US raid kills 7 al-Qaida militants in Yemen
- Macron's Cabinet: 11 men, 11 women cross political spectrum
- UN Security Council Urges North Korea to Take Concrete Steps to Denuclearization
- Chelsea's Conte named Manager of the Year - LMA
- Manchester Arena blast: What we know so far
- United Kingdom police: 'a number of fatalities' at Ariana Grande concert
- President Trump And Other World Leaders Have Condemned The Manchester Attack
- Young gun Zverev schools Djokovic in Rome triumph
- Workers at U.S. nuclear site take cover after tunnel collapse
- Manchester fell victim to callous terrorist attack says British Prime Minister