"We played for England, we played for Manchester and we played for them - the people who died".
The victory on a night rendered heavy with emotions after the terror attack in Manchester that killed 22 people, brings Jose Mourinho's maiden campaign to a successful conclusion after finishing sixth in the Premier League.
"We know things like this are very sad all over the world, not only in Manchester but also in Paris", Pogba said. It was a very hard week for a lot of us and for the city of Manchester and we tried to win for all the people who have suffered. "We had to focus because it was a very important game and we won for them and for the country".
Will he be celebrating Premier League or Champions League silverware next year?
Fans impressed with Paul Pogba's performance against Crystal Palace
The Red Devils head into the game having missed out on a top-four finish in the Premier League and ending up sixth in the table. We have a good relationship and I will always say nothing ever happened, we didn't have an argument or anything like that.
Despite Manchester United's relatively dismal league form at times this season, they do end Jose Mourinho's first season in charge at Old Trafford with two trophies: the League Cup and the Europa League.
Arsenal face defensive crisis ahead of final
When asked if it will be his last match as Arsenal manager, he replied: "I don't know. Wenger also expressed the club's solidarity with the people of Manchester.
Granted, this season has been far from vintage for Manchester United with Mourinho rightfully receiving criticism for his tactics and combative dealings with the press, but as the referee blew his whistle, the Portuguese manager couldn't contain his delight.
The France midfielder was all over the pitch, appearing as a third centre back one moment to head the ball away from danger, channelling pinpoint passes to striker Marcus Rashford the next. It was a great final and my first European final with United, hopefully the first of many.
No, really, "the Palestinians are ready to reach for peace"
Both sides are wary of being accused of resisting Trump's peace efforts or being cast as obstructing the resumption of talks. Solving the Mideast peace riddle is the task of Trump's son-in-law and jack-of-all-trades troubleshooter, Jared Kushner.
And Henrikh Mkhitaryan doubled their lead early in the second half with an acrobatic goal.
- United outclass Ajax to win Europa League on emotional night
- Two Of Michael Flynn's Businesses Slapped With Subpoenas
- Why Melania Trump covers her head one day but not the next
- British official: Manchester bomber 'likely' had accomplices
- Kentucky freshman Hamidou Diallo withdraws from NBA Draft
- Europa League triumph more important than sport, says Manchester United great Beckham
- Donald Trump condemns 'evil losers in life' behind Manchester attack
- Liverpool's James Milner targets trophies after top-four finish
- Manchester terror attack: United Kingdom police arrest 3 more suspects
- Trump arrives in Bethlehem to meet Palestinian president Abbas