Wednesday, 26 September 2018
Latest news
Main » Ariana Grande will return to Manchester after terrorist attack

Ariana Grande will return to Manchester after terrorist attack

29 May 2017

On Monday night, an explosion occurred outside the Manchester Arena at the end of U.S. singer Ariana Grande's concert, leaving at least 22 people dead and dozens more injured.

While police and politicians have praised communities in Manchester for their reaction to the bombing, Hopkins said there had been a rise in reported hate crimes, from an average of 28 to 56 incidents on Wednesday.

The terror threat level in the United Kingdom has been reduced from critical to severe and soldiers deployed to key sites around the country will begin to be withdrawn from Monday, Theresa May has said.

The threat assessment has now been returned to the level it was at prior to the attack in Manchester, northwest England, and means soldiers who have been assisting police would be withdrawn from Britain's streets from midnight on Monday.

OPEC extends output cut deal to March next year
More than 400 oil rigs are now working US shale fields - an increase of more than 120 percent compared with a year ago. The oil producers agreed to extend oil output cuts for nine months.

File image of the Manchester Arena attack.

The American star said her "heart, prayers and deepest condolences" were with the victims of the Manchester attack.

Two unarmed police officers remained on guard outside the entrance to Granby House, believed to contain the flat in question, according to an AFP correspondent at the scene.

Ariana Grande has announced that she will return to Manchester for a gig to benefit the families of those lost and injured in a suicide bombing at her concert this week.

Comey acted on Russian intelligence he knew was fake
He did not tell lawmakers about the doubts he had regarding the intelligence itself before he ended the investigation. CNN's report would appear to confirm a similar story published on Wednesday in The Washington Post .

The attack on Manchester Arena was staged by 22-year-old Salman Abedi, a Manchester resident of Libyan descent.

Seven other men are in custody in connection with Monday's blast, with police and security agencies working to prevent further attacks. The SDF, which is nominally under the control of the Ministry of Interior in Libya's western capital, said in a statement that Hashem Abedi knew details of the bombing prior to the attack and allegedly confessed to having links to the Islamic State militant group (ISIS).

There was a highly-visible police presence as runners gathered on the start line for the Manchester run at 9.00 am.

"From midnight on Monday, there will be a well-planned and gradual withdrawal of members of the armed forces, who will return to normal duties", she said.

No Offer Yet - Eden Hazard Comments On New Chelsea Contract Talk
Hazard told Belgian paper Het Nieuwsblad: "At this moment, there's nothing [a contract] on the table". But Hazard had a warning for his global teammate. "Er, no.

Grande, whose fan base is dominated by girls and young women, said she had seen a "beautiful, diverse, pure, happy crowd".

Ariana Grande will return to Manchester after terrorist attack