Amtrak's reservation systems have been updated to reflect these schedule changes and any passenger already booked on a train that has been canceled or altered will be contacted and accommodated on other scheduled services. The agency announced the summer fix project in April after two derailments and other major service disruptions highlighted the station's aging infrastructure.
There were 1,000 passengers on the first train, all of whom exited at Penn Station, the MTA spoke man said. Changes to the Empire service, which operates between Niagara Falls, Albany and NY, has not been announced.
The Square by Sweden's Ruben Ostlund wins Palme d'Or
Coppola previously competed for the Palme d'Or in 2006, but lost out to Ken Loach for The Wind That Shakes the Barley . Fighting back tears, Almodovar told reporters that the "democratic jury" had fiercely debated the winners .
Long Island Rail Road riders heading into the city are experiencing some major delays this morning. The two commuter lines carry hundreds of thousands people each weekday. The work was ordered after two recent derailments and numerous other delays.
NY is a major choke point on the railroad's Northeast Corridor, its most lucrative route, between Boston and Washington.
Tubelight's Naach Meri Jaan Song Still: Celebrate 'Bhaihood' With Salman & Sohail
Salman Khan was keeping himself busy on the sets of Tubelight with sketching a few portraits of Jesus Christ's face. The cast and crew loved his artwork and were left in awe of his artistic side.
Among the changes are reductions to service between NY and Washington, D.C., and between NY and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
There has been an nearly 3 million passenger increase in just over 10 years.
NJ Transit service did not appear to be affected by the issue as of 8 a.m.
Modi, Merkel hold 4th Indo-German intergovernmental talks
Earlier in the day, Prime Minister Modi arrived on the first leg of his four-nation tour to Germany. German Chancellor Angela Merkel enjoys a beer during an election campaign in Munich on Sunday.
Commuters jam the LIRR station in Jamaica on Tuesday, May 30, 2017.
- Irving, James lead Cavs past Celtics to take 3-1 series lead
- Was Buster right to sit out battle royale between Giants and Nats?
- 'Climate train has left the station' without Trump: Former Canadian diplomat
- Djokovic and Nadal secure Roland Garros progress
- Here's how analysts see Experian plc (LON:EXPN) after this past week
- White House mounts staunch defense of Kushner
- Jeb Bush no longer interested in buying Marlins
- Bernardo Silva: Manchester City complete £43m deal for Monaco midfielder
- BC NDP and Green Party intend to form minority government
- Barcelona hires former player Ernesto Valverde as its coach