A man has been arrested on suspicion of stealing a wedding ring and backpack from MAX train stabbing victim Ricky Best, as he lay dying.
The suspect is described by police as a white male with blond hair cut in a mullet and wearing distinctive clothing: a black Jordan Brand baseball cap; a black T-shirt with an image of Marilyn Monroe and an American flag; black shorts, and black shoes.
In CCTV released by police, the suspect is seen leaving the MAX train carrying Best's black backpack in his right hand.
Portland police Sgt. Pete Simpson says the ring and backpack belonged to Ricky Best, a 53-year-old man who was killed while heading home from his job as a city employee.
FINALIST: Local girl advances in spelling bee
The students are competing for more than $100,000 in cash and prizes this year, including $40,000 for the victor . At one point in round six, in was one of just three states with more than one speller among the 18 still on stage.
Ricky Best served in Iraq and Afghanistan during his military career.
Prosecutors say he attacked them after they confronted him for harassing two young black women, one of whom wore a Muslim head covering. "I hope they all die". Best and two fellow passengers, 23-year-old Taliesin Myrddin Namkai Meche and 21-year-old Micah David-Cole Fletcher, stepped in to defend the girls, at which point Christian attacked the men with a knife, killing Best and Meche and injuring Fletcher.
The suspect in the stabbing attack has been charged with aggravated murder, attempted murder, possession of a restricted weapon, and second-degree intimidation.
Portland cops believe this man stole valuable personal items from a Portland murder victim..
Singer Brandy passes out on flight, taken to ER
According to the site, the songstress was on an early Delta flight from Los Angeles' LAX to New York's JFK airport. The news outlet reports that the singer regained full consciousness while she was being treated on the jetway.
Today, they confirmed they had arrested the suspect.
"We really kind of want to lean on the humanity if there is any there".
House tax-law writer downplays differences
He presumably means changing rules to scrap the use of the legislative filibuster, which requires 60 votes for a bill to advance. Unfortunately for the Republican senator, it's most certainly not better than the Affordable Care Act - not even close.
- Brazil's President Michel Temer Clings to Power; Emerging Market Stocks Struggle
- RCom's Ambani eyes quick sales as lenders set deadline
- Key projects at risk as Greens back NDP in British Columbia
- Wenger Staying At Arsenal After Agreeing a 2-year Contract Extension
- LeBron: Durant the difference between Cavs and Warriors
- Lululemon Athletica inc. (LULU) Issues FY18 Earnings Guidance
- Mega bridge contract will be stalled until new government forms
- Nigerians, Ghanaians 'die of thirst' as vehicle breaks down in Sahara Desert
- Pacific sees Trump decision as "grave moral injustice"
- Wenger says Arsenal Cup triumph has no bearing on his future