After hitting cinemas on Friday (June 2), the superhero movie starring Gal Gadot raked in $223 million (£172 million) globally, including a huge $100.5 million (£77.8 million) at the U.S. box office. It also topped all but one film from DC's main competitor, Marvel Entertainment, which is owned by Disney.
That's right, Wonder Woman's opening is on par with Deadpool's.
The recently releasedWonder Woman is smashing box office records, but was it always this ideal film we all love? The movie was helped as well by the attraction of Israeli star Gal Gadot, known for her part in the popular "Fast and Furious" series, as the fit and fearless Amazonian.
Harvard accepts, then rejects 10 incoming students after they shared offensive memes
The chat group ostensibly belonged to the Class of 2021, meaning its participants were all entering Harvard in the academic year that begins in 2017.
As for opening weekend revenue - which is a flawed but important metric on which to gauge success - Wonder Woman's debut raked in an estimated $100.5 million in North America. The movie's director, Patty Jenkins, is known for her 2003' Monster starring Charlize Theron.
And, of course, it's a triumph for Patty Jenkins - the first woman to ever direct a big-budget superhero movie.
5 jurors picked for Cosby trial, 2 know a sex assault victim
A crucial phase of entertainer Bill Cosby's sex assault trial starts Monday, May 22, 2017, when lawyers gather in Pittsburgh to p. Cosby arrived in the courtroom flanked by his attorneys and being helped to his seat by his assistant and spokesman Andrew Wyatt.
Wonder Woman begins on Diana Prince's home island of Themyscira and later moves to a Europe torn apart by World War I. For the sequel, Jenkins wants to bring the superhero across the pond.
Wonder Woman has Gal Gadot as the protagonist with Chris Pine in the main male lead by her side.
Coming in second at the box office was another new release, "Captain Underpants", which took in $23.9 million, according to Exhibitor Relations.
Aisha Buhari returns from United Kingdom , says President is recuperating fast
Mrs Buhari travelled the United Kingdom last week to spend some time with the President. She said the president is getting stronger by the day.
- WWDC 2017: Apple unveils virtual reality, browser privacy features on Macs
- Sidney Crosby, Penguins frustrated again as Predators even series
- George Conway hits Trump over travel ban tweet
- Apple Announces macOS Sierra High
- Sudan urges 'reconciliation' to end Gulf row with Qatar
- Trump pushes for privatizing US air traffic control
- Stats show increase in fatal workplace shootings
- UK opposition leader urges PM to quit over police cuts
- Kuwait trying to mediate and solve diplomatic rift, says Qatar minister
- Apple Launches HomePod-A Smart Speaker for Homes