Republican Gov. Eric Greitens says he called lawmakers back to the Capitol partly in response to a recent federal judge's ruling that struck down some state abortion laws. The ordinance, which also bans such discrimination in housing, was approved in the heavily Democratic city to pre-empt anti-abortion measures during the regular legislative session.
The main target of state lawmakers during this summer's special session will be a city ordinance meant to prevent women from being discriminated against based on "reproductive health decisions" when searching for housing and employment.
Tony Awards get political in the age of Trump
Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812 entered the night with 12 nominations, the most of any other show. Other winners included August Wilson's "Jitney," which collected the Tony for best play revival.
State lawmakers to meet Monday for. She says there already are strict standards on abortion and a special session is unneeded. Bob Onder, a Republican from Lake St. Louis, told the Associated Press.
Republican Governor Eric Greitens has signed into law a bill that lets Missourians choose whether they want a non-compliant driver's license or a so-called REAL ID for access to planes, military bases and federal facilities.
Democratic opponents and groups such as Planned Parenthood have decried the session as a waste of money and an attack on women's reproductive rights.
Champions Trophy 2017 - Upul Tharanga , Sri Lanka Captain Suspended
He added 145 runs with Francois du Plessis, who contributed with 75 runs off 70 deliveries with six fours. What were your highlights from South Africa's win? However, the other batsmen did not really fire.
They were called into special session last month by Governor Eric Greitens to debate a utility-rate reduction for two prospective employers. State senators even threatened to jail an executive of that Planned Parenthoodbecause she would not hand over private medical documents to state legislators in 2016.
As for this special session, it's unclear what the outcome regarding abortion rights will be. Special sessions can cost as much as $28,000 a week in the Senate and between $50,000 and $100,000 in the House, depending on how many lawmakers attend.
London Bridge: Missing man may have fallen into Thames
Italian authorities said Zaghba had been stopped and questioned in Italy but had not been charged with any crime. The raid was launched by Metropolitan Police during an active counterterrorism investigation, the Times reported.
- 2 attorneys general plan to sue President Trump for violating US Constitution
- Rain ends Australian victory hopes again in ICC Champions Trophy
- Chris Matthews: Trump-Russia collusion theories 'came apart' during Comey testimony
- London attack: Australia confirms death of two citizens
- Arsenal 'ready to offer £5m' for Sunderland duo Asoro and Mbunga-Kimpioka
- E3 2017: Microsoft debuts PS4 Pro-rivalling Xbox One X
- India thrash South Africa to enter Champions Trophy semi-final in style
- Ariana Grande gets Manchester bee tattoo in memory of terror attack victims
- Iran's Khamenei blames U.S. for regional instability, creation of Islamic State
- Germany begins border controls in lead up to G20 summit