The retailer that sold the winning ticket in Southern California, Marietta Liquor & Deli, will receive a $1 million bonus.
Saturday's jackpot is the seventh-largest in Powerball's history, according to the California lottery.
The winning numbers were 20, 26, 32, 38 and 58.
Davis stays on as UK Brexit Secretary
Mr Rifkind also turned on the Prime Minister during his tirade as he mocked her for not winning a majority in the election. Instead of accepting defeat, however, May claims that she will continue to push for Brexit negotiations.
The last Powerball drawing to produce a jackpot victor was on April 1, said California Lottery spokesman Mike Bond.
It costs $2 for a Powerball ticket and a chance to dream of instant riches, but the odds of winning are incredibly small, at one in 292.2 million. That prize was split among three winnners.
The jackpot is the tenth biggest in US history and has odds of winning that are one in 292 million. Store owner Matthew Alberre said he does not know which of his customers won the jackpot.
"California is one of just three states that exempt lottery winnings from state income taxes-so long as the victor is a state resident who bought the ticket in California", noted Sean Cockerham of the Sacramento Bee in a 2016 report.
Special counsel 'now looking at possible obstruction of justice' by President Trump
She wondered why Sessions fired Comey when the AG had already recused himself from the Russian Federation investigation. Investigators have also been looking for any evidence of possible financial crimes among Trump associates.
The lump sum payout for the winning ticket would be $279.1 million.
This year started out tough for Alberre and his father because the father is suffering from pulmonary fibrosis lung disease. Both prize amounts would be before taxes are deducted.
The ticket was sold at a liquor store in Pawtucket.
Menifee Mayor Neil Winter said he hoped a local resident bought the winning ticket at the store in a heavily visited intersection that has sold winners before but never for so much.
Federal Bureau of Investigation helps search for Chinese visiting scholar missing for 6 days
In an interview with Xinhua through Wechat on Thursday, Zhang Ronggao said to his daughter: "Dad is waiting for you to come back". Yingying Zhang, a Chinese college student visiting the University of IL , has been missing since Friday, June 9.
- Golden State Warriors NBA Championship Victory Parade
- Gunman behind Melbourne siege acquitted of previous terror plot
- Police commander says London tower block search may take months
- Zacks Investment Research Upgrades AngloGold Ashanti Limited (AU) to "Hold"
- Virginia shooting suspect identified
- At Least 7 Killed, 59 Injured In Explosion Near School In China
- Trump should let special counsel finish his work
- London Firefighters Search for More High-Rise Fire Victims, at Least 17 Dead
- Ruddy: Trump Considering Firing Mueller, White House Doesn't Deny Claim
- Sessions To Testify In Front Of Senate Intel Committee Tuesday