The retailer that sold the winning ticket in Southern California, Marietta Liquor & Deli, will receive a $1 million bonus.
Saturday's jackpot is the seventh-largest in Powerball's history, according to the California lottery.
The winning numbers were 20, 26, 32, 38 and 58.
Bezos world's third richest man wants ideas on donations
Amazon CEO Jeff BezosREUTERS/Rick WilkingJeff Bezos is soliciting your Next Big Idea. His response: "Yeah, if there's anything left after I finish building Blue Origin".
The last Powerball drawing to produce a jackpot victor was on April 1, said California Lottery spokesman Mike Bond.
It costs $2 for a Powerball ticket and a chance to dream of instant riches, but the odds of winning are incredibly small, at one in 292.2 million. That prize was split among three winnners.
The jackpot is the tenth biggest in US history and has odds of winning that are one in 292 million. Store owner Matthew Alberre said he does not know which of his customers won the jackpot.
"California is one of just three states that exempt lottery winnings from state income taxes-so long as the victor is a state resident who bought the ticket in California", noted Sean Cockerham of the Sacramento Bee in a 2016 report.
Federal Bureau of Investigation helps search for Chinese visiting scholar missing for 6 days
In an interview with Xinhua through Wechat on Thursday, Zhang Ronggao said to his daughter: "Dad is waiting for you to come back". Yingying Zhang, a Chinese college student visiting the University of IL , has been missing since Friday, June 9.
The lump sum payout for the winning ticket would be $279.1 million.
This year started out tough for Alberre and his father because the father is suffering from pulmonary fibrosis lung disease. Both prize amounts would be before taxes are deducted.
The ticket was sold at a liquor store in Pawtucket.
Menifee Mayor Neil Winter said he hoped a local resident bought the winning ticket at the store in a heavily visited intersection that has sold winners before but never for so much.
Microsoft Surface Studio vs iMac 5K: Two EPIC Desktop PC Options
Our favourite Windows 10 convertible is the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 and this will set you back £1,299 for the equivalent specification. In a lap it takes up significantly more space than a similarly sized laptop would, but it's still so stable I don't really mind.
- Golden State Warriors NBA Championship Victory Parade
- Analysts Opinions on: Fairmount Santrol Holdings Inc. (FMSA)
- Is Sabra Health Care REIT, Inc. (SBRA) Finding Support or Hitting Resistance?
- Pilot Injured When Blimp Crashes, Burns at US Open Golf Tournament
- Zacks Investment Research Upgrades AngloGold Ashanti Limited (AU) to "Hold"
- London Firefighters Search for More High-Rise Fire Victims, at Least 17 Dead
- Trump is allegedly 'weighing' firing special prosecutor in Russian Federation probe
- Special counsel 'now looking at possible obstruction of justice' by President Trump
- Ruddy: Trump Considering Firing Mueller, White House Doesn't Deny Claim
- Davis stays on as UK Brexit Secretary