The entire town of Brian Head was evacuated after a fire burned almost 957 acres near the town. The fire is believed to be human-caused. Multiple homes are still threatened as well as a critical watershed, the agency noted.
On Saturday 750 people were evacuated, but out of those only about 100 were permanent residents, the rest were vacationing there, according to U.S. Forest Service officials. It started at the Northeast side of the town of Brian Head.
Are Analysts Bullish about Steven Madden, Ltd. (NASDAQ:SHOO) after last week?
Also, insider Karla Frieders sold 60,000 shares of the firm's stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, May 31st. The Davidson Kempner Capital Management Lp holds 400,000 shares with $14.30 million value, up from 312,500 last quarter.
Air tankers and helicopters were at the scene, officials said. More firefighting teams are expected to arrive in Utah to supplement the 115 personnel already fighting the blaze.
Brian Head Ski Resort hasn't been threatened by the fire.
Police arrest 18 protesters over motorist shooting verdict
A gathering and march ensued in downtown Minneapolis Saturday in response to the not guilty verdict for the St. Anthony police officer who fatally shot Philando Castille.
The wind on Saturday was from the northwest, but on Sunday it shifted to come out of the north.
The fire has shut down Highway 143 in Parowan Canyon indefinitely.
US Open: The latest from the final round
Justin Thomas is one shot off the lead at the US Open after making history with his remarkable nine-under-par 63 third round. The course had been softened by rain earlier in the week, and it finally played the way the USGA wanted in the final round.
The wind on Saturday is predicted to be out of the north at 8 to 10 miles per hour with gusts to 13. The coolish temperatures are due to the altitude - 8,000 to 10,000 feet above sea level in the fire area, which is about 4,000 feet higher than Cedar City.
- Wind pummels US Open as final round under way
- Sporting CP Make Brilliant Offer For Former Player Cristiano Ronaldo
- This Is Where Whole Foods (Soon, Amazon) Has Stores in the US
- Violence kills 6 policemen, 2 civilians in Indian-controlled Kashmir
- Bill Cosby's sexual assault case ends in mistrial
- Pittsburgh Penguins goalie quandary: Murray vs Fleury - Game 5
- Celtics Will Trade 2017 First Overall Draft Pick To Philadelphia
- NZ fall to Russia in Cup opener
- Amazon eyes big serving of U.S. grocery pie
- London fire: Tragedy caused by years of neglect - Khan