Families of victims killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting are threatening legal action against NBC News over its plan to air an interview on Sunday featuring Infowars founder Alex Jones, a far-right media personality and conspiracy theorist who previously called the massacre a "hoax" and "completely fake".
JPMorgan Chase's Chief Marketing Officer, Kristin Lemkau, tweeted questioning Kelly that how can an interview of someone who believed that Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax, be aired.
The network declined comment on the letter from the Sandy Hook family members.
Jones admitted that in his 22 years in the industry, he's "never recorded another journalist", but he listened to his intuition this time.Читайте также: UK to target 'deep partnership' with EU in Brexit talks: Johnson
Kelly also promised Jones that her interview with him "isn't going to be some gotcha piece".
Jones tweeted Friday that he released the recordings of his conversations with Kelly because she "lied about the nature of this interview". Jones even released a teaser of what appears to be a secretly recorded conversation with Kelly (below). I knew it was all a lie. And, so you're going to hear what I actually said....it's all going to come out. He then leaked the full audio of the interview on Thursday.
"God, she was like, 'I want to get steaks with you, I'm obsessed with you, oh my God, ' wiggling around in her seat", Jones said. Knowing that Kelly would likely try to take him to task for his controversial beliefs-such as "gaming" the idea that the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax-Jones made a decision to record Kelly's pre-interview pitch as a way to protect himself later.
Alex Jones believes the quotes in the promo for his Megyn Kelly interview were taken out of context (Photo: Splash News).
Most famously, in 2007, a CNN documentary on drugs in pro wrestling included a comment by John Cena that was edited to make it look as if Cena was saying he had used steroids, but nobody could ever catch him.
"Let's not prejudge what the story is until we see it", said Zucker.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Harman, Koepka set pace in US Open finale
- Here is what Misbah said about Sarfraz after Pakistan's victory over England
- New Brand—Endless Opportunities
- Lobbyist Shot at Baseball Field Expected to Make Full Recovery
- Trump offers help resolve Gulf crisis, UAE tightens squeeze on Qatar
- Cristiano Ronaldo dodges questions as Real Madrid exit rumours escalate
- Virender Sehwag defends Sarfraz Ahmed amid English faux pas
- Champions Trophy Final: Photos from Pakistan's triumph over India
- Senate Democrat says any WH tapes due by Friday
- Chelsea ready to appease Conte with Cristiano Ronaldo move — In Focus