A helicopter hovered overhead and several emergency vehicles blocked a section of Seven Sisters Road, a busy thoroughfare where the incident happened.
Amber Rudd, the Home Secretary, said her "thoughts are with all those affected by the appalling incident at Finsbury Park".
Police are investigating the crash as a potential terrorist incident.
In one video, a group of men are seen holding the suspect to the ground as they call for the police. Two others had minor injuries and were treated at the scene. He complained that the "mainstream media" was unwilling to call the attack a terrorist incident for many hours.
Cristiano Ronaldo tax evasion: Portugal star hints at leaving Real Madrid
He attracted headlines last week after being accused by a Spanish prosecutor of defrauding the country's tax authorities. The European champions are preparing for their Confederations Cup opener on Sunday against Mexico at Kazan Arena.
'While this appears to be an attack on a particular community, like the awful attacks in Manchester, Westminster and London Bridge it is also an assault on all our shared values of tolerance, freedom and respect'.
A 48-year-old man, believed to be the driver of the van, has been arrested.
The driver was arrested and taken to a hospital as a precaution.
Heroic bystanders wrestled the suspect, who was clean-shaven with curly hair and wore a white t-shirt, to the floor and pinned him down until officers arrived, at around 12.20am, after he allegedly screamed: "I want to kill all Muslims".
At one time it was associated with extremism, due to its links with Egyptian-born radical cleric Abu Hamza al-Masri in the early 2000s.
- Two people were treated at the scene, May said, and eight others have been taken to three hospitals. People were badly injured. The van driver tried to escape but people grabbed him. "He did not say anything".
Call it the US Wide Open
Even just trying to take my medicine is very, very hard . "It's still golf, you've got to make some putts", said J.B. With a record number of scores under par in Round 1, it's no surprise the course was set up tougher for Round 2.
Travellers who did with to use the station were being told to use the Station Place entrance, and not the Seven Sisters Road entrance, which was closed.
Police officers attend to the scene after a vehicle collided with pedestrians in the Finsbury Park neighbourhood of North London, Britain.
The attacks were a factor in campaigning ahead of the June 8 election, with Prime Minister May criticised for overseeing a drop of 20,000 in the number of police officers in England and Wales as interior minister from 2010 to 2016.
On May 22, a suicide bomber blew himself up outside a pop concert in Manchester, killing 22 people.
On March 22, a man drove a rented auto into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge in London and stabbed a police officer guarding the British parliament to death before being shot dead.
7 dead, heavy damage to US Navy ship in collision
He also praised their colleagues for saving the USS Fitzgerald from further damage and taking it back to port. Navy has identified the seven sailors killed Saturday in a ship collision, and one of them is a Texas native.
The footage shows people screaming expletives and "killer" repeatedly at the man as he is held down, his face pushed against the pavement, his hair being pulled.
- Real Madrid coach Zidane calls Ronaldo to end crisis
- At Least 1 Dead After Vehicle Hits Pedestrians Near North London Mosque
- Qatar hits out at neighbours as Arab rift enters third week
- Labour want figures for all deals struck between DUP and Tories
- Rep. Scalise upgraded from 'critical' to 'serious'
- Bummer buddies: Roomies Fowler, Thomas fizzle at US Open
- Netanyahu calls to end Palestinian payments to attacker
- U.S. president not under investigation for obstruction: His attorney
- Long road: Koepka's journey now includes a US Open title
- Saudi-Turkish ties strained due to different policies toward Qatar