Instead, the initial interest in the now 18-year-old has significantly cooled and today he is set to complete a loan move that very few people saw coming.
Britons cry for London fire victims as death toll rises to 79
He wrote: "Not everyday the wonderfully grounded and caring Adele pops into Chelsea Fire Station for a cup of tea and a cuddle". May has come under personal attack for failing to meet residents during her first visit to the site.
Despite being highly rated at West Ham, Oxford is unlikely to feature regularly for the Irons due to the presence of established midfielders Mark Noble, Cheikhou Kouyate and Pedro Obiang, while no permanent offers are being considered by West Ham, such is their belief in the England Under-20 worldwide.
Oxford is one of the brightest prospects coming through at the London Stadium now, and appeared set to enjoy a rapid rise when, as a 16-year-old, he kept Mesut Ozil quiet as the Hammers won against Arsenal on the opening day of the 2015-16 season.
Nordtveit leaves West Ham for Hoffenheim
Nordtveit made his debut for the London club in the Europa League last July and made 21 appearances in total. West Ham have sold Havard Nordtveit to Hoffenheim , the club have confirmed.
However, Oxford has made just 13 subsequent senior appearances for the Hammers and spent the second half of last season in the Championship with Reading, for whom he played five times.
Adele Visits London Firefighters After Deadly High-Rise Blaze
The singer has made no public declaration of her visit, instead choosing to quietly meet and offer help to victims. He fought back tears as he told reporters at New Scotland Yard about the scene inside the tower.
- Champions Trophy triumph is a massive boost for Pakistan cricket, says Arthur
- Kovalev Gets Shafted by Ward and the Referee Again!
- Shahid Afridi: Pakistan cricket back on track with Champions Trophy win
- Durant carries Warriors home and leaves with NBA Finals MVP Award
- CA Sells 22704 Shares of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT)
- Lakers won't give up number two pick, Brandon Ingram for Paul George
- Whole Foods CEO explains his giddy love for Amazon
- Oil prices slip as US rigs rise
- Stock Exchanging Hands at a Rapid Volume Today: Halliburton Company (NYSE:HAL)
- Wounded Congressman Scalise sends Father's Day message