Work on the project has not begun as of yet as Moffat and Gatiss are both still tied up with individual commitments (the final season of Moffat's tenure on Doctor Who is about to conclude, but he won't officially bow out until this year's Christmas special), but negotiations are already underway with the BBC.
The brains behind the BBC's Sherlock series are to make a new version of Dracula, the corporation has confirmed. But talks are already underway with the BBC - which enjoyed huge success with "Sherlock" - on broadcast rights in the United Kingdom.
Durant carries Warriors home and leaves with NBA Finals MVP Award
You couldn't help but wonder what Kevin Durant was thinking last night as the clock ticked down to the NBA Championship. They are called the Golden State Warriors, but they don't belong to all of California.
As of now, it's unclear whether it will be adapted to a modern setting and if Cumberbatch will (hopefully) be attached. While details are scarce, Variety is reporting that the show would be in the same format as Sherlock, i.e., a miniseries of sorts with multiple seasons (if the production deal goes through). BBC's global distribution also went a long way towards making Sherlock a worldwide hit, so Dracula seems very likely to end up there. Not so much? Have you stuck with Sherlock all this time? Gatiss also has experience with horror from his adaptation of M.R. James' The Tractate Middoth in addition to co-writing and starring in a ghost story called Crooked House.
Yes, we're getting another Dracula adaptation. At this point, time - which the immortal Dracula has plenty of - will tell. The important thing for the new series is to make Dracula exciting and terrifying again.
Kovalev Gets Shafted by Ward and the Referee Again!
Ward stuck to his word, stopping Kovalev in the eighth round to retain the IBF, WBO and WBA world light heavyweight titles . Ward reckons he would do well against bigger guys because he has good stamina, saying it's his dream to move up weights.
Gatiss played Dracula himself in a radio version of the story that was released past year on the anniversary of the book's publication.
It's clear that Moffat and Gatiss are looking to recapture something of the success of their previous work by tackling another piece of Victorian fiction, and we've no doubt that they'll be able to. Unleash your fangs in the comment section below!
Reece Oxford: West Ham defender to join Borussia Monchengladbach on loan
West Ham prodigy Reece Oxford has touched down in Germany ahead of his season-long loan move to Borussia Monchengladbach , the Daily Mail reports .
- Stock Exchanging Hands at a Rapid Volume Today: Halliburton Company (NYSE:HAL)
- Ajith Kumar's Vivegam: Anirudh's Surviva song becomes a rage on the internet
- Adamis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (ADMP) Upgraded to "Hold" at ValuEngine
- Wounded Congressman Scalise sends Father's Day message
- Britons cry for London fire victims as death toll rises to 79
- Minute's silence for victims of Grenfell Tower blaze
- NASA Discovers 219 New Planets with Kepler Mission; 10 Are Earth-Size
- Sekulow Hits Cable News Circuit Hard For Trump
- Hot Stocks Among Investors: Fang Holdings Limited (SFUN), TransGlobe Energy Corporation (TGA)
- Airbus, Boeing Commercial Aircraft Deals at Paris Airshow