Work on the project has not begun as of yet as Moffat and Gatiss are both still tied up with individual commitments (the final season of Moffat's tenure on Doctor Who is about to conclude, but he won't officially bow out until this year's Christmas special), but negotiations are already underway with the BBC.
The brains behind the BBC's Sherlock series are to make a new version of Dracula, the corporation has confirmed. But talks are already underway with the BBC - which enjoyed huge success with "Sherlock" - on broadcast rights in the United Kingdom.
Ajith Kumar's Vivegam: Anirudh's Surviva song becomes a rage on the internet
It will be Ajith and Siruthai Siva's third film together after the box office success of " Veeram " and " Vedalam ". Interestingly, a teaser of the song was released a few days, which also went viral.
As of now, it's unclear whether it will be adapted to a modern setting and if Cumberbatch will (hopefully) be attached. While details are scarce, Variety is reporting that the show would be in the same format as Sherlock, i.e., a miniseries of sorts with multiple seasons (if the production deal goes through). BBC's global distribution also went a long way towards making Sherlock a worldwide hit, so Dracula seems very likely to end up there. Not so much? Have you stuck with Sherlock all this time? Gatiss also has experience with horror from his adaptation of M.R. James' The Tractate Middoth in addition to co-writing and starring in a ghost story called Crooked House.
Yes, we're getting another Dracula adaptation. At this point, time - which the immortal Dracula has plenty of - will tell. The important thing for the new series is to make Dracula exciting and terrifying again.
Britons cry for London fire victims as death toll rises to 79
He wrote: "Not everyday the wonderfully grounded and caring Adele pops into Chelsea Fire Station for a cup of tea and a cuddle". May has come under personal attack for failing to meet residents during her first visit to the site.
Gatiss played Dracula himself in a radio version of the story that was released past year on the anniversary of the book's publication.
It's clear that Moffat and Gatiss are looking to recapture something of the success of their previous work by tackling another piece of Victorian fiction, and we've no doubt that they'll be able to. Unleash your fangs in the comment section below!
Hot Stocks Among Investors: Fang Holdings Limited (SFUN), TransGlobe Energy Corporation (TGA)
Company's distance from 20 day simple moving average is -3.72% and distance from 50-Day simple moving average is -25.00%. The company had revenue of $174.70 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $184.71 million.
- Bernie Sanders calls out Senate Republicans for secrecy surrounding health care negotiations
- Adele Visits London Firefighters who Fought Grenfell Tower Blaze
- Adele Visits London Firefighters After Deadly High-Rise Blaze
- Reece Oxford: West Ham defender to join Borussia Monchengladbach on loan
- Teenage Muslim girl killed near Virginia mosque, police say not hate crime
- Wounded Congressman Scalise sends Father's Day message
- Should Investors Be Buying Biogen (NASDAQ:BIIB) Stock Following Today's UBS Upgrade?
- Lakers won't give up number two pick, Brandon Ingram for Paul George
- Durant carries Warriors home and leaves with NBA Finals MVP Award
- Frosh joins DC in suing Trump over foreign payments