His status as a member of the backward Koli community may discourage some opposition parties from challenging his candidature as they may be seen as against lower caste people who form a strong vote bank.
Monday morning rain, with afternoon sun
Notably cooler conditions are expected for the latter half of the work week and through the weekend. Today's forecast calls for scattered showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11 a.m.
Non-NDA parties like BJD, TRS and YSRCP have announced their support to the Dalit leader.
President Pranab Mukherjee has accepted the resignation of Mr. Kovind as the Governor of Bihar, a communiqué issued by the Rashtrapati Bhavan said on June 20, 2017.
Macron's party wins majority in parliamentary polls
It rejects reforms to the labor market that are at the heart of Macron's plans to modernize France . Many observers suggested voters were tired of elections after four in the space of two months.
Political critique and advocate Jayasankar has mocked at BJP's presidential nominee by saying that Ram Nath Kovind is like P M Velayudhan in Uttar Pradesh. "With that option being ruled out, the BJD was sure of supporting the NDA's candidate", said the MP preferring anonymity. "Kovindji was the chief of the RSS Dalit branch". The first Dalit President is the justification being heard ad nauseum over the past 24 hours. So somewhere it is a political fight or a contest. "When Ministers Rajnath Singh and Venkaiah Naidu came to meet us, they said that they want to build a consensus. The post of the President of India is above party politics".
As to whether the JD-U will back his candidature, Nitish Kumar said: "It is hard to say at this point of time".
"If they have declared Kovind's name for getting Dalit votes, then we are not interested". A lawyer by profession, Kovind had also served as BJP Scheduled Caste Morcha chief (1998-2002) and President of the All-India Koli Samaj.
New al-Qaeda linked group claims responsibility for Mali resort attack
The group, led by a notorious Tuareg commander, was formed earlier in 2017 following a merger of local groups. In recent years, the extremists have become even more brazen, attacking sites frequented by Westerners.
- Bayern Munich deny interest in Ronaldo
- China welcomes Rodman's visit to N. Korea
- Reduces Position in Walt Disney Company (The) (DIS)
- Corrie's Eva breaks baby bombshell to love rat Aidan
- Halma plc (LON:HLMA) has analysts on the Bullish side this week
- Finsbury Park terror attack suspect's mum and sister speaks out
- Trump meets Poroshenko for brief 'drop-in' visit
- 'Annabelle: Creation': New Trailer For Sequel To 'The Conjuring' Spinoff Released
- Turkey's Erdogan condemns Qatar blockade 'death sentence'
- Seattle officer in fatal shooting: 'I don't have a taser'