His status as a member of the backward Koli community may discourage some opposition parties from challenging his candidature as they may be seen as against lower caste people who form a strong vote bank.
Macron's party wins majority in parliamentary polls
It rejects reforms to the labor market that are at the heart of Macron's plans to modernize France . Many observers suggested voters were tired of elections after four in the space of two months.
Non-NDA parties like BJD, TRS and YSRCP have announced their support to the Dalit leader.
President Pranab Mukherjee has accepted the resignation of Mr. Kovind as the Governor of Bihar, a communiqué issued by the Rashtrapati Bhavan said on June 20, 2017.
Infantino Defends VAR At Confederations Cup
Portugal boss Fernando Santos spoke out about the new system in the wake of his side's draw, calling it "confusing." Vargas, who missed a host of earlier chances, added a second in added time after another video review.
Political critique and advocate Jayasankar has mocked at BJP's presidential nominee by saying that Ram Nath Kovind is like P M Velayudhan in Uttar Pradesh. "With that option being ruled out, the BJD was sure of supporting the NDA's candidate", said the MP preferring anonymity. "Kovindji was the chief of the RSS Dalit branch". The first Dalit President is the justification being heard ad nauseum over the past 24 hours. So somewhere it is a political fight or a contest. "When Ministers Rajnath Singh and Venkaiah Naidu came to meet us, they said that they want to build a consensus. The post of the President of India is above party politics".
As to whether the JD-U will back his candidature, Nitish Kumar said: "It is hard to say at this point of time".
"If they have declared Kovind's name for getting Dalit votes, then we are not interested". A lawyer by profession, Kovind had also served as BJP Scheduled Caste Morcha chief (1998-2002) and President of the All-India Koli Samaj.
'Annabelle: Creation': New Trailer For Sequel To 'The Conjuring' Spinoff Released
Annabelle: Creation is a New Line Cinema presentation, an Atomic Monster/Safran Company production. Sandberg directs from a screenplay by Gary Dauberman , who also wrote Annabelle .
- Brutal slaying near mosque stemmed from road rage
- Carla Fendi, philanthropist and fashion force, dies at 79
- Trump meets Poroshenko for brief 'drop-in' visit
- Turkey's Erdogan condemns Qatar blockade 'death sentence'
- UK To Announce Position On EU Citizens' Rights This Week
- Perez Sells 29282 Shares of Coca-Cola Company (The) (KO) Stock
- Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO), Post Holdings Inc (NYSE:POST)
- PGA Tour to start blood testing next season
- Reduces Position in Walt Disney Company (The) (DIS)
- Seattle officer in fatal shooting: 'I don't have a taser'