His status as a member of the backward Koli community may discourage some opposition parties from challenging his candidature as they may be seen as against lower caste people who form a strong vote bank.
When exactly is the first day of summer?
The word "solstice" is from the Latin "solstitium" from sol (sun) and stitium (to stop), meaning the sun standing still. There's more heating during our summer, making it hot, less heating during the winter, equating to cold air.
Non-NDA parties like BJD, TRS and YSRCP have announced their support to the Dalit leader.
President Pranab Mukherjee has accepted the resignation of Mr. Kovind as the Governor of Bihar, a communiqué issued by the Rashtrapati Bhavan said on June 20, 2017.
Cosby Accuser Andrea Constand Thanks Supporters for 'Love & Kindness'
Bill Cosby exits the Montgomery County Courthouse after a mistrial was declared in Norristown, Pa ., Saturday, June 17, 2017. Cosby acknowledged that he had cheated on his wife with Constand, but he said that their relationship was consensual.
Political critique and advocate Jayasankar has mocked at BJP's presidential nominee by saying that Ram Nath Kovind is like P M Velayudhan in Uttar Pradesh. "With that option being ruled out, the BJD was sure of supporting the NDA's candidate", said the MP preferring anonymity. "Kovindji was the chief of the RSS Dalit branch". The first Dalit President is the justification being heard ad nauseum over the past 24 hours. So somewhere it is a political fight or a contest. "When Ministers Rajnath Singh and Venkaiah Naidu came to meet us, they said that they want to build a consensus. The post of the President of India is above party politics".
As to whether the JD-U will back his candidature, Nitish Kumar said: "It is hard to say at this point of time".
"If they have declared Kovind's name for getting Dalit votes, then we are not interested". A lawyer by profession, Kovind had also served as BJP Scheduled Caste Morcha chief (1998-2002) and President of the All-India Koli Samaj.
Infantino Defends VAR At Confederations Cup
Portugal boss Fernando Santos spoke out about the new system in the wake of his side's draw, calling it "confusing." Vargas, who missed a host of earlier chances, added a second in added time after another video review.
- 76ers trade for No. 1 overall pick in Thursday's draft
- 'Annabelle: Creation': New Trailer For Sequel To 'The Conjuring' Spinoff Released
- Revenue Estimates Analysis The Procter & Gamble Company (PG)
- Finsbury Park terror attack suspect's mum and sister speaks out
- UK To Announce Position On EU Citizens' Rights This Week
- Carla Fendi, philanthropist and fashion force, dies at 79
- Perez Sells 29282 Shares of Coca-Cola Company (The) (KO) Stock
- China welcomes Rodman's visit to N. Korea
- Turkey's Erdogan condemns Qatar blockade 'death sentence'
- Corrie's Eva breaks baby bombshell to love rat Aidan