In the Gulf of Mexico, residents of Texas, Louisiana and MS are watching a developing system closely.
At 5pm EST Monday, following a Hurricane Hunter mission, the National Hurricane Center confirmed that a tropical system off the coast of Venezuela had developed into a storm.
Tropical Storm Bret's maximum sustained winds rose a bit to 45 miles per hour, but the storm is expected to begin to weaken later today.
"A tropical storm warning is now in effect from Cameron, Louisiana to the mouth of the Pearl River".
Reece Oxford: West Ham defender to join Borussia Monchengladbach on loan
West Ham prodigy Reece Oxford has touched down in Germany ahead of his season-long loan move to Borussia Monchengladbach , the Daily Mail reports .
The tropical moisture is connected to a system that, as of early Tuesday morning, was still not a tropical depression or tropical storm, but is likely to become one.
The National Hurricane Center extended the Tropical Storm warning westward to High Island, TX, and the Tropical Storm Watch from west of High Island to San Luis Pass, TX.
Tropical storm force winds begin at 39 miles per hour, but this system doesn't have organized storms near its center, and it also has a large wind field. Forecaster say TS Bret is substantially farther west than anticipated, as the system is now moving toward the west-northwest at a very quick 26 kt.
Residents along the U.S. Gulf Coast from the central Texas coast to the western Florida Panhandle are being urged to keep an eye on this storm. Tropical storm watches had also been issued for the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao).
Adamis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (ADMP) Upgraded to "Hold" at ValuEngine
The current share price indicate that stock is -29.10% away from its one year high and is moving 92.01% ahead of its 52-week low. According to Thomson Reuters, sell-side analysts are forecasting a harmony target price of $10.00 on company shares.
Florida and Alabama aren't out of the woods, however; the National Weather Service in Mobile issued a bulletin Monday afternoon, saying that "significant weather impacts are expected across our region as all of the heavy weather will be well east of the [storm's] center".
The storm could strengthen slightly before it reaches the coast, the hurricane center said.
The next storm names on the 2017 list are Bret and Cindy, since Tropical Storm Arlene formed in the Atlantic in April.
Hidden trove of suspected Nazi artifacts found in Argentina
Argentine Security Minister Patricia Bullrich said: " Our first investigations indicate that these are original pieces ". The photograph was not released to the public, but was shown to reporters on the condition that it not be published.
- Durant carries Warriors home and leaves with NBA Finals MVP Award
- SHERLOCK and DOCTOR WHO Showrunner Steven Moffat Creating New DRACULA TV Series
- Airbus, Boeing Commercial Aircraft Deals at Paris Airshow
- Sekulow Hits Cable News Circuit Hard For Trump
- Hot Stocks Among Investors: Fang Holdings Limited (SFUN), TransGlobe Energy Corporation (TGA)
- Frosh joins DC in suing Trump over foreign payments
- Britons cry for London fire victims as death toll rises to 79
- Should Investors Be Buying Biogen (NASDAQ:BIIB) Stock Following Today's UBS Upgrade?
- Bernie Sanders calls out Senate Republicans for secrecy surrounding health care negotiations
- Kovalev Gets Shafted by Ward and the Referee Again!