"If you think about it a year ago when we sat together, Instagram Stroies didn't exist", Everson told CNBC. In two months, Stories has gained 50 million new viewers, likely thanks to the network effect that comes with having an overall daily audience of more than 400 million people and slotting the Stories feed atop the app's main screen.
Instagram is also changing its live video feature so users can now share those live videos to their Stories.
Powerball ticket worth $447.8 million is sold in Riverside County
This big score will come in handy for Alberee's family, after his was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis earlier this year. The lucky punter matched all six numbers on their Powerball ticket which was sold in southern California.
The new feature should begin rolling out to all users on iOS and Android in the coming days as a part of Instagram v10.26. That's a bummer for Snapchat, because they clearly invented something that people want to use - Instagram has just scaled it more quickly.
Stories first reported passing Snapchat in April, when it announced it had 200 million daily active users. Snap shares declined about 3 percent after the new Instagram Stories daily active user numbers were announced.
UPS gunman had overtime grievance against firm - union
They told her to run because there had been a shooting, she told CNN, explaining she ran about a block with the workers. Wednesday's shooting prompted a massive police response in a neighbourhood near the California city's downtown area.
When asked about copying Snapchat and its platform, Carolyn Everson, Facebook's global head of sales, was dismissive to say the least. People and businesses like the Stories format, she said. These on-demand viewers can also send a message to the broadcaster using the "Send Message" button, which also appears in non-live Stories. Now, Instagram Stories will give you the option to save a replay of your live videos.
Bayern Munich deny interest in Ronaldo
Sky sources understand Ronaldo is interested in the possibility of returning to Manchester United this summer . The Portuguese star wants out of Real Madrid after the club distanced themselves from his tax probe.
- Apple seeks to void patent claims, fees in Qualcomm dispute
- 'Weapons stash found at Champs-Elysees attacker's home'
- New al-Qaeda linked group claims responsibility for Mali resort attack
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc (NYSE:VRX), Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE:CMG)
- Sixers Trade For First Overall Pick In 2017 NBA Draft
- Finsbury Park terror attack suspect's mum and sister speaks out
- Finsbury Park terror suspect's mum responds to mosque attack
- United States says it shot down Iranian-made drone in Syria
- Senate close to vote on dismantle health law
- Revenue Estimates Analysis The Procter & Gamble Company (PG)