"If you think about it a year ago when we sat together, Instagram Stroies didn't exist", Everson told CNBC. In two months, Stories has gained 50 million new viewers, likely thanks to the network effect that comes with having an overall daily audience of more than 400 million people and slotting the Stories feed atop the app's main screen.
Instagram is also changing its live video feature so users can now share those live videos to their Stories.
UPS gunman had overtime grievance against firm - union
They told her to run because there had been a shooting, she told CNN, explaining she ran about a block with the workers. Wednesday's shooting prompted a massive police response in a neighbourhood near the California city's downtown area.
The new feature should begin rolling out to all users on iOS and Android in the coming days as a part of Instagram v10.26. That's a bummer for Snapchat, because they clearly invented something that people want to use - Instagram has just scaled it more quickly.
Stories first reported passing Snapchat in April, when it announced it had 200 million daily active users. Snap shares declined about 3 percent after the new Instagram Stories daily active user numbers were announced.
Flexing Muscles Mid-Session Are These Shares: Delcath Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:DCTH)
This is the price at which the trader or investor wants to exit his existing position so he can realize the most reward. If we take a long term observation, shares have been trading at a distance of -95.65% from the 200-day moving average.
When asked about copying Snapchat and its platform, Carolyn Everson, Facebook's global head of sales, was dismissive to say the least. People and businesses like the Stories format, she said. These on-demand viewers can also send a message to the broadcaster using the "Send Message" button, which also appears in non-live Stories. Now, Instagram Stories will give you the option to save a replay of your live videos.
Apple seeks to void patent claims, fees in Qualcomm dispute
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ) wants a court to rule Qualcomm's (NASDAQ: QCOM ) royalty license agreements invalid, according to Reuters . One argument working in Qualcomm's favor, however: Apple and its contractors signed agreements to pay licensing fees this way.
- United States says it shot down Iranian-made drone in Syria
- Infantino Defends VAR At Confederations Cup
- Real Madrid CF president Perez plays down rumors of Cristiano Ronaldo's exit
- Finsbury Park terror suspect's mum responds to mosque attack
- Powerball ticket worth $447.8 million is sold in Riverside County
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc (NYSE:VRX), Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE:CMG)
- Halma plc (LON:HLMA) has analysts on the Bullish side this week
- SP Supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav Backs NDA Presidential Nominee Ram Nath Kovind
- New al-Qaeda linked group claims responsibility for Mali resort attack
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM) Position Held by Northeast Investment Management