The summer solstice is the day of the year with the most daylight.
Here are some facts to know about the first day of summer.
The word "solstice" is from the Latin "solstitium" from sol (sun) and stitium (to stop), meaning the sun standing still.
Frosh joins DC in suing Trump over foreign payments
Trump's business portfolio boasts of hotels in New York City, Las Vegas, Chicago and Miami. A White House spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment Monday.
Why does the solstice occur?
The solstice happens twice annually due to the Earth's axis of rotation, and known as the summer and winter solstice.
"During the summer solstice the Northern Hemisphere of Earth is tilted towards the sun resulting in increased sunlight and warmer temperatures".
Bernie Sanders calls out Senate Republicans for secrecy surrounding health care negotiations
If Collins and other Republicans stand up now, that's the kind of process that could get underway. Asked if he would be bringing his photocopier back out, Paul smiled and said, "We'll see".
Although June 21 will be the longest day in 2017, it does not necessarily mean that it brings the earliest sunrise or latest sunset.
The actual Summer Solstice takes place June 20. On that day, the sun won't rise until about 7:29, and it'll be down by 4:29.
The longest day of 2017, for anyone living north of the Equator, is June 21.
3.0 quake strikes near Augusta
However, Augusta-Richmond County EMS says there is no indication that additional tremors will be experienced in the area. The USGS showed it began in the vicinity of Killebrew and Woodward avenues in south Augusta .
About 20,000 people usually gather at the ancient stone circle for the pagan festival associated with renewal, fertility and harvest. That is called the summer solstice. The sun is at its highest angle out of any other time of the year. There's more heating during our summer, making it hot, less heating during the winter, equating to cold air. The duration of the spring season was 93 days this year, while the summer season will also last for 93 days until the Autumn Equinox on August 22, QCH adds.
- 'Annabelle: Creation': New Trailer For Sequel To 'The Conjuring' Spinoff Released
- China welcomes Rodman's visit to N. Korea
- 76ers trade for No. 1 overall pick in Thursday's draft
- Carla Fendi, philanthropist and fashion force, dies at 79
- Adele visits Grenfell Tower firefighters for a "tea and a cuddle"
- Halma plc (LON:HLMA) has analysts on the Bullish side this week
- Monday morning rain, with afternoon sun
- Reduces Position in Walt Disney Company (The) (DIS)
- Seattle officer in fatal shooting: 'I don't have a taser'
- Perez Sells 29282 Shares of Coca-Cola Company (The) (KO) Stock