- The condition of Steve Scalise, the third-ranking House Republican who was shot during a baseball practice last week, was upgraded to serious by a Washington hospital after he had another operation.
Since Wednesday, he has undergone several surgeries, MedStar Washington Hospital Center said in a statement released on behalf of his family.
"The evidence from the shooter, this maniac who began firing at all of us, shows that he turned his religion into politics", Davis said.
"I think that an excellent recovery is a good possibility", Dr. Jack Sava, director of trauma at MedStar Washington Hospital Center said at a news conference Friday afternoon.
Britons cry for London fire victims as death toll rises to 79
He wrote: "Not everyday the wonderfully grounded and caring Adele pops into Chelsea Fire Station for a cup of tea and a cuddle". May has come under personal attack for failing to meet residents during her first visit to the site.
"He clearly knows they're there and appreciates their presence", Sava said. Scalise sustained a gunshot wound to the hip that broke bones, caused damage to internal organs and caused severe bleeding. Hundreds of bullet fragments remain in his body.
Lobbyist Matt Mika was shot in the chest at the baseball practice.
Two Capitol police officers, David Bailey and Crystal Griner, as well as House Republican aide Zack Barth were injured, but have been released from hospital.
Rep. Steve Scalise was shot June 14, 2017 in Alexandria, Virginia, a House colleague told CNN, in what sources are calling an apparent "deliberate attack".
Supreme Court pushes Redskins' name fight back to society
The Slants had support from liberal and conservative groups, ranging from the American Civil Liberties Union to the U.S. The group opposing the Redskins trademark registration said they were disappointed with Supreme Court's decision.
The message thanks the many people for their prayers, support and outpouring of love. The president made his comments as he spoke in Miami to announce a new policy on Cuba.
Doctors say Scalise will be in the hospital for a "considerable period of time". He has undergone additional surgery and doctors expect a full recovery.
That social media and letters to the editor showed Hodgkinson to be an ardent liberal who hated congressional Republicans gave the attacks an terrible partisan overtone and inevitably led Rep. Peter King, R-Iowa; Newt Gingrich; Rush Limbaugh; and others to blame it on the left's harsh criticism of President Trump. He died after officers in Scalise's security detail and local police fired at him.
Sava earlier said the Louisiana congressman had been at "imminent risk of death" when he was first brought into the hospital on Wednesday, and he received many units of transfused blood.
Boeing announces plans for bigger 737 Max
In a separate development, the company had acquired two used Boeing B737-900ER aircraft with lease attached from BOC Aviation . The order for 10 Boeing 737 Max 200 planes is in addition to 100 aircraft Ryanair had already ordered from the manufacturer.
- Minute's silence for victims of Grenfell Tower blaze
- Pakistan wins Champions Trophy: Who said what on Twitter
- Does Johnson Controls International plc (JCI)'s current closing price competes the market?
- Colombia says ELN rebels holding two Dutch journalists
- Reported Ronaldo link with Bayern is hoax of the day, says club
- CA Sells 22704 Shares of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT)
- Parnassus Investments Decreased Applied Materials (AMAT) Position; Carecom (CRCM)'s Sentiment Is 1.06
- Oil prices slip as US rigs rise
- Skype suffering continued connectivity issues across Europe
- Adele visits Grenfell Tower firefighters and offers 'tea and a cuddle'