- A brush fire has closed off two freeways in North Phoenix, according to officials.
Loop 303 is closed westbound at I-17.
The fire sparked around 12:45 p.m. Thursday along Loop 303 just west of Interstate 17.
Mercedes take top two podium spots in Canadian Grand Prix
It was Hamilton's sixth career Canadian Grand Prix pole position, one short of Schumacher's record. "It has been smooth", Hamilton said.
I-17 is closed northbound at Loop 101, and southbound at Pioneer Road, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
ADOT expanded the I-17 closure as the fire grew. Crews were working to establish cut off points for the fire, Phoenix FD said.
There is no estimated time to reopen the freeway.
Otto Warmbier's funeral: Final farewell for US student detained by North Korea
He said North Korea's treatment of Mr Warmbier demonstrated "a basic disregard for human rights, for human dignity". A ban on Americans visiting North Korea would only slightly add to the North's isolation and loss of revenue.
Drivers drivers were encouraged to use alternate routes, including State Route 74, though the eastbound SR 74 was closed.
Authorities say an 11-mile stretch of Interstate 17 is closed in both directions in north Phoenix due to heavy smoke from a 50-acre brush fire in the area.
Pattern Energy Group Inc
With 112,800 avg volume, 22 days are for Aerovironment Incorporated (NASDAQ:AVAV)'s short sellers to cover AVAV's short positions. Villere St Denis J & Co Llc sold 723,625 shares as the company's stock declined 5.42% while stock markets rallied.
- Suspect in Va. Muslim teen murder detained by ICE
- GOP, Paul opposition imperil Senate health care bill
- 'I just don't want a poor person' in Cabinet
- Zion Oil & Gas Inc (ZN) How Do the Technical Vary?
- Prime Minister May offer: European Union citizens can stay in UK
- Text of Senate GOP health care bill released
- 'Unifier of Germany' Helmut Kohl passes away at 87
- Bartlett & Co Increased Cvs Health Corp (CVS) Stake by $6.43 Million
- May to present Brexit plans to EU leaders
- (RugbyU) 'Relief' as Farrell boots Lions to much-needed win