"Lonzo Ball is gonna take the Lakers to the playoffs his first year". But if the Lakers want Lonzo - and it seems they do after trading point guard D'Angelo Russell to Brooklyn - they won't be turned off by LaVar.
The Lakers also don't appear anxious about attaching themselves to LaVar Ball, the voluble family patriarch with aspirations of building a global sports empire around his three talented sons, one $495 pair of sneakers at a time. The Los Angeles Clippers and Memphis Grizzlies also are without a pick, while Houston, New Orleans and Washington don't have one in the first round.
Jayson Tatum Highlights Celtics 2017 Draft Class
The only player who was not a freshman was French star Frank Ntilikina, who was selected No. 8 overall by the New York Knicks . The Celtics must target players who can both fit their system and be trade bait.
Ball receives comparisons to Jason Kidd for his offensive abilities.
Ball is coming off a strong freshman season at UCLA where he led the nation with 7.6 assists per game while setting the school's season-single record with 274 assists.
But if the Lakers are disappointed in free agency again, they'll still have Ball - and his father, LaVar, who had promised for years that his son would end up with the Lakers.
YouTube Reaches 1.5 Billion Monthly Users
Currently, videos that aren't in the standard 16:9 aspect ratio are presented with black bars on the sides of the videos. The format serves to help creators circumvent the cost and skill required to film 360-degree VR videos, Wojcicki said.
This isn't just a big moment for Lonzo, but also for LaVar and the rest of the Ball family.
After the draft lottery, LaVar said, "I know I must be a genius to plan it this well". I think players around the National Basketball Association feel that as well and are going to be attracted to that energy here. While on the show, Ball had a special message for superstar LeBron James, assuming he and James will be teammates on the Lakers squad.
North Korea carries out another rocket engine test
US President Donald Trump has warned that a "major, major conflict" with North Korea could arise because of its weapons programme. According to unnamed US officials there are signs of increased activity at North Korea's lone nuclear test site.
Kuzma impressed the Lakers in a recent draft workout with an outside shooting touch complementing his physical inside game.
- Family affair: Lakers get Lonzo Ball and dad with No. 2 pick
- Donald Trump: Mexico Wall May Include Solar Panels
- Bodies of several US Navy sailors found after collision off Japanese coast
- Irish border problem dominates first day of Brexit talks
- Syrians fear new Raqqa turmoil once Islamic State is defeated
- Lakers coach Luke Walton talks Lonzo Ball
- Saudi Arabia's Mohammed bin Salman appointed Crown Prince: SPA
- YouTube's mobile app will soon adapt any videos to fill the screen
- S. Korean president inspects test-firing of home-grown ballistic missile
- Democrats Try To Push Nancy Pelosi Out To Win Back House Majority