The Air Asia flight was reportedly en route to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, when it experienced difficulties.
Sophie Nicolas told PerthNow she heard a small explosion from the left wing.
"He said 'I hope you all say a prayer, I'll be saying a prayer too and let's hope we all get back home safely".
Striker Diego Costa hard to replace at Chelsea, says Frank Lampard
The Everton striker had another fine season in 2016/17, scoring 25 Premier League goals to finish runner-up to Tottenham's Harry Kane in the race for the Golden Boot.
'It was essentially the engine seized up I think, that's what they told us anyway, ' he said.
"He delivered us home safely which is fantastic, everybody burst into applause when we landed", she said.
"It was a little unnerving, everyone handled it pretty well, no one freaked out too much".
AirAsia X in a statement on Sunday confirmed that the flight "landed safely" at 10am (Perth time), about three hours after it departed with 359 passengers on board.
Chile v Australia: Tough task for Socceroos
A neat pass behind Bailey Wright saw Cameroon hit the byline, target man Vincent Aboubakar waiting for the cut back. Australia started the second half looking for an equalizer and were apparently close on the forty-seventh minute.
Dave Parry told ABC that passengers were told to brace for impact on landing. An airport spokesman said fire and emergency services were called to meet the plane as a precautionary measure, but no one appeared to have been hurt.
"The safety of our guests is our utmost priority", it said.
The Malaysian low-priced carrier said only that "flight crew are taking precautionary measures to check the aircraft".
Water Police said marine emergency services north of Perth were put on standby to prepare for a possible water landing.
Flyers draft Nolan Patrick with second pick in 2017 NHL draft
Showing them what I can do and proving to them they made the right pick". "I'm working hard, and then I'll see at training camp". But that should be Sean Couturier's dominion. or maybe Lehtera's, now. or Val Filppula? Yeah, the Flyers hope he turns into him.
- Chauncey Billups, Cavaliers owner meeting for 2nd time, per AP source
- Red Sox manager John Farrell ejected in 7th inning
- Police Forcibly Remove Health Care Bill Protesters Outside Mitch McConnell's Office
- Liberum Capital Boosts Electrocomponents plc (ECM) Price Target to GBX 660
- 'Bothersome' that Mueller is 'very good friends' with Comey
- The biggest winners and losers from the NBA Draft
- Cop lynched at held Srinagar mosque
- Firework sales underway, firefighters warn of injury and fire risks
- Black groups in Cincinnati upset by 2nd mistrial
- Sheriff: Teen injured after fall from Six Flags 'Sky Ride'