The palace said the infection that required hospitalization relates to a pre-existing condition.
"Prince Philip will attend previously scheduled engagements between now and August, both individually and accompanying The Queen", the statement about his retirement read.
Liberum Capital Boosts Electrocomponents plc (ECM) Price Target to GBX 660
The Company operates through five segments: United Kingdom and Europe, North America, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Energy. BB&T Capital downgraded McCormick & Company, Incorporated (NYSE:MKC) on Thursday, February 18 to "Hold" rating.
Last month, Phillip announced that he would be stepping down from public engagements, with Buckingham Palace stating the decision was fully supported by the queen.
During the procession the Queen was joined in the lead carriage by Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall and her former private secretary, Lord Fellowes. It followed a hospitalization in December 2011, when Prince Philip was found to have a blocked coronary artery and underwent a "minimally invasive" procedure of coronary stenting.
Uber CEO Resigns at Board's Urging
Outside experts said the only way to change Uber's culture was for Kalanick to step aside. The board has lightly been pressuring leadership out and driving organizational change.
But the royal family's patriarch, who conducted 219 royal engagements past year, has been gradually reducing his workload in his nineties.
Philip was at Royal Ascot on Tuesday with the Queen and other members of the royal family.
The queen missed a traditional Christmas church service previous year for the first time in decades because of a heavy cold and was hospitalized in March 2013 with symptoms of gastroenteritis. The Duke and Queen's visit to Ireland is the first by a monarch since 1911.
The Senate's New 142-Page Healthcare Bill Very Literally Leaves Women Out
You may not agree with me, but we can probably agree that what is happening now is embarrassing, shameful and will do harm to us. He said Friday that he believed the bill's changes to the Medicaid program would dramatically affect the residents of his state.
- A look into the future of the Vegas Golden Knights
- Isis claims Jerusalem attack, sends warning
- New Brand—Endless Opportunities
- Bellator set for PPV splash with biggest card at the Garden
- Red Sox manager John Farrell ejected in 7th inning
- The biggest winners and losers from the NBA Draft
- Presidential Election 2017: Ram Nath Kovind files nomination in PM Modi's presence
- Two Winterhawks picked in first round of National Hockey League draft
- Black groups in Cincinnati upset by 2nd mistrial
- Lakers Choose Lonzo Ball With Second Pick in 2017 NBA Draft