The palace said the infection that required hospitalization relates to a pre-existing condition.
"Prince Philip will attend previously scheduled engagements between now and August, both individually and accompanying The Queen", the statement about his retirement read.
Two Winterhawks picked in first round of National Hockey League draft
As of Wednesday night, Vegas had 12 picks in this year's draft, including three in the first round . It must be noted , however, that the reaction was merely mixed when the Golden Knights were called.
Last month, Phillip announced that he would be stepping down from public engagements, with Buckingham Palace stating the decision was fully supported by the queen.
During the procession the Queen was joined in the lead carriage by Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall and her former private secretary, Lord Fellowes. It followed a hospitalization in December 2011, when Prince Philip was found to have a blocked coronary artery and underwent a "minimally invasive" procedure of coronary stenting.
Red Sox manager John Farrell ejected in 7th inning
Angels 3B Yunel Escobar (left thumb strain) is day to day after being scratched from the lineup and replaced by Cliff Pennington . Now Fister will make his first start for the Red Sox today against the Angels, who are in the town this weekend.
But the royal family's patriarch, who conducted 219 royal engagements past year, has been gradually reducing his workload in his nineties.
Philip was at Royal Ascot on Tuesday with the Queen and other members of the royal family.
The queen missed a traditional Christmas church service previous year for the first time in decades because of a heavy cold and was hospitalized in March 2013 with symptoms of gastroenteritis. The Duke and Queen's visit to Ireland is the first by a monarch since 1911.
Bellator set for PPV splash with biggest card at the Garden
But Sonnen had no intention of keeping the fight standing as he ducked under and dragged Silva back to the canvas. It includes two title bouts and a heavyweight fight between Matt Mitrione and legendary Fedor Emelianenko .
- Lakers Choose Lonzo Ball With Second Pick in 2017 NBA Draft
- Presidential Election 2017: Ram Nath Kovind files nomination in PM Modi's presence
- A look into the future of the Vegas Golden Knights
- Health bill test of McConnell's leadership skills
- Cop lynched at held Srinagar mosque
- Chile v Australia: Tough task for Socceroos
- Liberum Capital Boosts Electrocomponents plc (ECM) Price Target to GBX 660
- After string of defeats, Democrats rudderless in Trump era
- The biggest winners and losers from the NBA Draft
- Striker Diego Costa hard to replace at Chelsea, says Frank Lampard