Emelianenko was making his return to American soil to take on the home grown star of Mitrione in the co-main event of Bellator NYC.
Despite Matt Mitrione being in New York City, the crowd seemed largely to be behind Fedor. This proved crucial, as Mitrione was able to scramble quickly to his knees and fire a vicious follow-up salvo that rendered Emelianenko completely unconscious.
Here's A Glimpse Of Donald Trump's Financial Interests
His course in Jupiter, Fla., reported $20.1 million income while his Bedminster, N.J., course generated income of $19.7 million. But he has completed federal forms as he was obliged to reveal his personal and family incomes, his assets and his debts.
Considering how much punishment he took against Maldonado and the severity of his knockout loss to Mitrione tonight, it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see Fedor head back into retirement. Emelianenko (36-5) bent forward and tried to grab hold of Mitrione's lower body to slow him down.
Once Mitrione signed with Bellator MMA, there was some speculation that he would be the next heavyweight champion for the promotion. Until the fight started...
Donald Trump reaches out to lawmakers on healthcare as another says ''no''
Cruz, in a separate statement , said, "As now drafted , this bill draft does not do almost enough to lower premiums". Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, will put the bill up for vote in the Senate next Thursday.
It was a satisfying result to a fight that was supposed to happen in February. When Emelianenko went limp and sagged to the canvas, the fight was over.
Mitrione has won all three of his fights in Bellator since ending his last UFC run on a two-fight win streak, but the win against Emelianenko marks the biggest win of Mitrione's MMA career. Since joining Bellator MMA previous year, Mitrione holds wins over Carl Seumanutafa by KO, Oil Thompson via TKO and now Emelianenko.
FIFA Confederations Cup: Alexis Sanchez breaks Chile scoring record in Germany draw
Australia started the second half looking for an equalizer and were apparently close on the forty-seventh minute. Here's a quick summary of Thursday's Group B matches and how they actually went down.
Mitrione recalled in the post-fight interview seeing Emelianenko on his back and knew he had a golden opportunity to end the fight early.
- North Korea denies torturing American detainee
- South Korean president calls for North Korean Olympic participation
- England vs South Africa 3rd T20I Preview: Advantage South Africa in decider
- Mourners gather for United States student jailed by N Korea
- Obama's Response to Russian Hacking: Limited, Cautious, and Frustrated
- PSG star Angel di Maria handed one-year prison sentence
- North Korea's treatment of student looms over US-China talks
- Lions building nicely ahead of tests - Gatland
- Federal government will lift protections of Yellowstone grizzly bears
- 76ers take Fultz, Lakers nab Ball in NBA draft's first round