The update Wednesday also said Scalise is "beginning an extended period of healing and rehabilitation". He's now expected to recover. Scalise, the House majority whip, was one of five people injured in the altercation, and the shooter, James T. Hodgkinson, died in the incident.
It remains unclear when he may be released from the hospital. He has required several surgeries for a reported gunshot wound to the hip.
New Brand—Endless Opportunities
Trading Platform Trade Financial is proud to demonstrate its one of a kind trading platform. Having chosen Trade Financial, you will be able to open a trading position with only $25.
On Friday, Dr. Jack Sava, director of trauma at the medical center, said that Scalise was at "imminent risk of death" when he arrived last Wednesday. "The round fragmented, and caused significant damage to bones, internal organs and blood vessels".
Scalise was listed in critical condition after he and four others were shot during an ambush-style attack at a baseball field where a team of Republican lawmakers practiced ahead of an annual game against Democratic counterparts.
Sava said that Scalise's doctors "fully expect him to walk.and hopefully run" in the future.
Vilsack speaks out on GOP Senate health care plan
It nearly didn't matter what was in the AHCA; its passage was created to allow the Senate to conjure up a more "refined" version. Senate Republicans have released their supposed ObamaCare-repeal bill, the " Better Care Reconciliation Act ".
"So he's doing - he's doing a lot better", said Ryan. It includes photos of Scalise and his family.
Suffering relatively minor injuries were two Capitol Police officers, David Bailey and Crystal Griner, and House GOP aide Zack Barth.
Trump signs Qatar weapons deal despite terrorism claims
The agreement was signed on June 14 after a visit to Washington by Qatar's Minister of State for Defense Khalid Al-Attiyah. In another development, two US Navy vessels arrived in Doha on Wednesday for a joint exercise with Qatar's fleet.
- Planes grounded by extreme heat in Phoenix, Arizona
- Qatar Airways Wants 10% Stake In American Airlines; Shares Soar
- A Reluctant Defense of Nancy Pelosi
- Boston Celtics select Jayson Tatum with No. 3 pick in draft
- Senate's version of health care plan is bad
- Predicting the career outcomes of 2017 draft picks
- Flyers draft Nolan Patrick with second pick in 2017 NHL draft
- Iran fires missiles against Islamic State in Syria
- Kajol-Dhanush's 'VIP 2' is 'VIP 2 (Lalkar)' in Hindi
- Rep. Tim Ryan on Dems, Pelosi: 'Our Brand Is Worse Than Trump'