While the Indian Army refused to comment on the incident, the Chinese Army has come out strongly against "provocation" by Indian troops and accused them of entering into Chinese territory and impeding road construction activity.
"(We) hope that India will meet China halfway and do not take any actions to complicate the boundary problem, and jointly maintain momentum of good development of bilateral relations", the statement added. It is not the first time that such transgression has happened at the Doka La, a place at the Sikkim-Bhutan-Tibet tri-junction.
Northern Ireland party leader in talks with Conservatives
The talks focused on financial support for Northern Ireland and Brexit. Foster said she was " delighted " an arrangement had been agreed.
The face-off between the two sides has been going on in Doka La general area in Sikkim for the past ten days.
A Chinese spokesperson on Monday only said that it is in touch with Indian officials over the issue.
"The China-Indian border in Sikkim has been delineated by historical treaties. In this context, the Indian military unilaterally provoke trouble, in violation of the agreement between the two sides and the leaders of the two countries consensus, seriously endangering peace and tranquillity in the border areas", it said. The pilgrims were scheduled to cross over to the Chinese side on June 19 but had failed to do so due to inclement weather.
Shawwal moon sighted, Pakistan to celebrate Eidul Fitr on Monday
Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated across the country on Monday, Shahi Imam of Delhi's Jama Masjid, Syed Ahmed Bukhari said on Sunday. Eid is the last day of month of Ramadan and it is the only day of Shawwal on which muslims are not permitted to fast.
The road construction was carried out on China's territory, and India has no right to interfere, Ren said.
Tension mounted in a remote area of Sikkim after a scuffle broke out between personnel of the Indian Army and the PLA, leading to Chinese troops damaging bunkers on the Indian side of the border. Incidentally, Chinese troops had also destroyed a few makeshift bunkers of the Indian Army in the Doka La region in November 2007.
This is published unedited from the IANS feed.
Gay Couples Entitled to Equal Treatment on Birth Certificates, Justices Rule
State law in Arkansas generally requires a male spouse to be listed on the birth certificate when a woman gives birth. Plaintiffs were two married same-sex couples that live in Arkansas with their children.
- Dan Harmon Addresses Rick And Morty Delays In Twitter Rant
- Lions Tour: Jonathan Joseph prepared to take wing role
- Australia's suspension of Syrian operations a 'blow' to the US
- Joel Embiid, Brandon Ingram Headline 2016-17 NBA All-Rookie Teams
- Meira Kumar to file nomination on Wednesday
- Donald Trump, Narendra Modi seek rapport despite friction on trade, immigration
- #ConfedCup Ronaldo scores as Portugal, Mexico reach semis
- Theresa May announces pact with Northern Ireland's conservative DUP
- Laredo Petroleum, Inc. (NYSE:LPI) Sees the Tape Move -8.09%
- Gov. Scott taps a friend and supporter as next financial chief