After the mall was put on lockdown, it was later closed early.
San Francisco's Westfield mall was placed on temporary lockdown Sunday after a fight broke out leading to a massive police response.
A San Francisco police spokesman said calls came in around 6:43 p.m. reporting a large fight at the mall.
Takata Declares Bankruptcy, Assets To Be Acquired By Key Safety Systems
The Japanese auto parts maker has struggled to stay afloat amid lawsuits and recall costs over its deadly air bag inflators. This means more inflators will likely explode and more people will be hurt in the future, lawyers say.
Police did not immediately disclose the details of what led to the fight. Dozens of officers swarmed the shopping mall in the Union Square area of the city and were seen in witness videos taking multiple suspects into custody.
Some officers were seen struggling to maintain order during the melee and even being attacked by suspects.
According to the police, one officer sustained minor injuries when he was pepper sprayed during the fracas, and one juvenile was arrested. Rueca said a number of people have been detained.
Swimmers in panic as shark menaces Magaluf
Lifeguards raised red flags to clear holidaymakers out of the water, before the Guardia Civil conducted a search of the area. The fish is thought to have neared the shore after becoming disorientated and vanished after swimming back out to sea.
The affray took place after Sunday's Gay Pride Parade, but police said they do not believe the incident involved a hate crime.
The mall is expected to open on schedule on Monday, June 26. My goal in life is to one day write a Batman screenplay.
Dershowitz: Trump Right to Challenge Mueller-Comey Friendship
Warner says Trump's tweet has no effect on the committee's investigation of Russia's meddling in the 2016 presidential election. Trump has seized on that statement as vindication although the investigation is ongoing, as are congressional inquiries.
- Roman Reigns' announcement on Raw could have changed WrestleMania
- RB Leipzig want £70.4m for Liverpool target Naby Keita
- Second N Korean soldier defects to S Korea in a month
- Crude oil supply growth to outpace rise in consumption in 2018 - IEA
- Hamilton says Vettel "disgraced himself" with swerve
- Remy Ma beats Nicki Minaj at BET Awards; '90s R&B shines
- Ronaldo will be in Real : Perez
- John Dorsey Reportedly Fired as Chiefs GM Due to Management Style, Communication
- Studies offer conflicting conclusions on marijuana legalization's role in vehicle crashes, fatalities
- Eid Al Fitr 2017 India moon sighting