"It is with great pleasure that I can announce that Johan Gustafsson has been released and can return to Sweden", Foreign Minister Margot Wallstrom said in a statement, giving no details about how the release was secured. A third foreigner had been freed in 2015 by French special forces.
"The government would like to highlight the excellent cooperation that has characterized the work of the Foreign Ministry, the National Police's operational department and other Swedish and foreign authorities". Johan Gustafsson, kidnapped in Timbuktu in 2011 by AQ affiliate, in on his way home to Sweden.
Formula One: Daniel Ricciardo glory contrasts with Max Verstappen misfortune
The marshals took just over 10 minutes to clear the vehicle and debris, allowing the session to get restarted with just under six minutes to go.
"I've already spoken with Johan and he is doing well and is overwhelmed by everything going on", Wallstrom told Swedish Radio.
The group was among many jihadist factions who took control of the north of Mali in 2012, before a French-led military operation began in January 2013 and the groups were removed.
There was no immediate word on Stephen McGown, the South African hostage.
Trump hosts 'true friend' Modi for first one-on-one
The Prime Minister spoke of the recent reforms, and noted that the Union Government alone has initiated 7,000 reforms. Trump built a Trump Tower property in Mumbai and spoke warmly of India during his presidential campaign past year .
"We have no information..." The families of the hostages can't afford a ransom of millions of dollars, and the South African and Swedish governments will not negotiate, it said. The fate of McGowan was not known.
The released person was identified as Johan Gustafsson.
Trump, Saudi Crown Prince Discuss Qatar Row
Rasheed also described bin Salman as being more likely to light more fires in the region than extinguish those already burning. Bin Salman was also reported as saying he would take "the battle" to Iran , which is on the opposite side in Yemen and Syria.
- Markelle Fultz calls selection by Sixers 'unreal'
- Avis Teams Up With Waymo On Self-Driving Car Program
- Netflix cancels Girlboss, and Sophia Amoruso couldn't be happier
- Conservative GOP senator hits party leaders on health bill
- Germany ease into Confederations Cup semi-finals
- Foster due in London as talks on Stormont continue in NI
- Modi greets nation on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Wall Street boosted by tech stocks, rebound in oil prices
- Villagers begin to mourn dead after deadly China landslide
- The gloves are off between Hamilton and Vettel