"It is with great pleasure that I can announce that Johan Gustafsson has been released and can return to Sweden", Foreign Minister Margot Wallstrom said in a statement, giving no details about how the release was secured. A third foreigner had been freed in 2015 by French special forces.
"The government would like to highlight the excellent cooperation that has characterized the work of the Foreign Ministry, the National Police's operational department and other Swedish and foreign authorities". Johan Gustafsson, kidnapped in Timbuktu in 2011 by AQ affiliate, in on his way home to Sweden.
Wall Street boosted by tech stocks, rebound in oil prices
June 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were set to open higher on Monday as oil prices climbed from last week's seven-month lows. Micron was up 3.5 per cent at $32.85 after Cowen & Co increased its price target on the chipmaker's stock.
"I've already spoken with Johan and he is doing well and is overwhelmed by everything going on", Wallstrom told Swedish Radio.
The group was among many jihadist factions who took control of the north of Mali in 2012, before a French-led military operation began in January 2013 and the groups were removed.
There was no immediate word on Stephen McGown, the South African hostage.
Officer stabbed at Flint Bishop Airport may be released from hospital soon
Ftouhi", he said, adding if there is evidence the attack was an act of terrorism , terrorism- related charges could be authorized. Ftouhi eventually obtained a 12-inch "Amazon Jungle Survival Knife", which he is accused of using to attack the airport officer.
"We have no information..." The families of the hostages can't afford a ransom of millions of dollars, and the South African and Swedish governments will not negotiate, it said. The fate of McGowan was not known.
The released person was identified as Johan Gustafsson.
Qatar Rejects the Saudi-led Bloc's Absurd Demands
He continued: "The Islamic world requires unity and integrity and the two countries can undoubtedly work together in this regard". Erdogan said Turkey had offered to set up a military base in Saudi Arabia as well as Qatar , but Riyadh had not responded.
- Does Yamana Gold, Inc. (AUY)'s current closing price competes the market?
- Trump, Saudi Crown Prince Discuss Qatar Row
- Puerto Rico Backs Statehood in Referendum Boycotted by Opposition Groups
- SpaceX set to launch satellites from California air base
- Billionaire Koch Brothers Critical Of Senate Healthcare Bill
- Formula One: Daniel Ricciardo glory contrasts with Max Verstappen misfortune
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Markelle Fultz calls selection by Sixers 'unreal'
- New Brand—Endless Opportunities
- Conservative GOP senator hits party leaders on health bill